• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M931a2

ARYankee

Made up some mud flap brackets. Still need to make up a license plate bracket and wire in a license plate light.
Nice! Did you fab all that up or was it a kit. My M931A2 needs some mud flaps and I'm looking at ideas on how to add some.

camoyj7

I got the seats and battery's back in the cab today. The driver seat back foam is way to thick and makes it uncomfortable to drive. I cut the foam out and used a thinner piece of foam and made a temporary seat back cover from a shelter half. I also got the right front LWS mount and pole installed. Getting ready to try to install run flats in my new tires and it doesn't look fun.

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking good! Do the holes have to be drilled out on the body for the legs? I noticed my tractor has open holes, the reinforcements ect, but I'm thinking I want to take the legs and hardtop with opening off my 923 and put it on one of my other trucks that doesn't appear to have any holes.

camoyj7

Yes Bob I had to drill the holes for the front leg mounts. The rear ones I just had to install the u-bolts. If you do switch it all over you need to move all the reinforcements plus the cab mounts. The front ones are really heavy duty and the rear cross member has a plate welded to it.

camoyj7

Went to a friends shop and made up some chicken plates for my LWS turret. Made them from 3/8 steel and they came out nice. Also made the 1.5" x 1"x 28 piece that fits under the gun mount. Now I have two LWS plates and two chicken plates I'm starting to think I need another truck to put them on.

Attachments

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm so glad you painted that shield. i was so tempted to post something about the pink. While you're at it, I think I heard your wife saying something about the garage needing a coat of paint...... The eave anyway. :)
BTW did I tell you I'm envious?

Last edited:

camoyj7

Well I got the top of the hard top off by myself today and cut a hole in a perfectly good hard top. Didn't really have a complete game plan so I figured cut the hole and just wing it for the rest. I had a friend laser cut the hole reinforcements a few weeks ago. I found a door seal I found at the local junk yard from a van. I have two pieces of 3/4 tube to make the sliders kind of like they use on the hemmt gunner hatch. I'm still trying to figure out a way to latch the lid down.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks