• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 unavailable after winning

Danl

Danl M915A1

Speddom said he got his money back plus travel expenses, Why didn't GL give Speddom the name of the person and location ofthe stuff he bouth, and let speddom use the law to get his stuff. After all it was his stuff now that got stolen. dose something seams to cover something. I don't know for sure. But if I stole something where they know who has been in and out of I would be in jail that I know

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GL's Price?

I noticed on my m923 sf97 to GL that the price listed was not what I paid but the reassignment of the sf97 to me and bill of Sale was correct. I assumed the difference was the "profit" and the sf97 is what they had paid?

KsM715

Speddom said he got his money back plus travel expenses, Why didn't GL give Speddom the name of the person and location ofthe stuff he bouth, and let speddom use the law to get his stuff. After all it was his stuff now that got stolen. dose something seams to cover something. I don't know for sure. But if I stole something where they know who has been in and out of I would be in jail that I know
I doubt the police would get involved. Speddmon never had possesion of said items. GL did. They would have to file the report. Anyone ever hear of GLgoing thru that hassle over some small parts that they already got paid for? The police would probably call it a civil matter between a business and a consumer.

I noticed on my m923 sf97 to GL that the price listed was not what I paid but the reassignment of the sf97 to me and bill of Sale was correct. I assumed the difference was the "profit" and the sf97 is what they had paid?
Bingo, they fudge the numbers somewhere in the process and no one has been able to nail down just how much of the final sale we, the tax payers, get out of the sale.

Nonotagain

Bingo, they fudge the numbers somewhere in the process and no one has been able to nail down just how much of the final sale we, the tax payers, get out of the sale.
We the tax payers get screwed by how much they receive from the selling of items by GL.

One of my last purchases had a shipping receipt attached.

Uncle Sugar got billed as much for the shipping (from the unit that turned in the trailer) as I paid for the trailer.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
David Doyle posted the somewhat complex formula awhile back showing what the government and GL makes (good luck finding it). GL does get a pretty good part of the sale when you include the 10% the buyer pays.

Csm Davis

Thanks for your support Warthog and wreckerman!

I met Jeff while looking for the truck and I sent him a message on the delima but he has not responded yet!
When I filed the claim I put all the time and travel I done to win the bid and also I put that I bought the truck for my Dad which I did. He is an Ex Pow and a Purple Heart recieptian. He made 88 on June 1. He enjoys going to the bases with me and he also enjoys coming to look at the trucks and talk about old times.
I guess we will have to see what the outcome will be. With all the trucks available it should be easy for them to correct their mistake. The tax payers bought those trucks anyway.
Okay well I checked my email and pm's and don't see one from you. That said I also know that he can't give what he doesn't have this was the last of the wreckers there might be a few left but they haven't been given to Govliquidation yet, I am sorry about the mixup I try to let them know if I see a goof in the listings. Now as to what he is doing about it it is about as good as can be, because he could have taken you to the truck that you actually won, I know it well, and said have a nice day, it is all smashed up. Eric is doing the best he can, and admit he goofed and give your money back. If you saw that stack of wreckers that are still there and think he can just give you one of them, sorry those are a2's awaiting rebuild not gl's trucks.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This WHOLE thread is because someone DID NOT PREVIEW a truck and got bit, so now POOR ME, not poor me but should be DUMB ME, tired of people that shoot them self in the foot then sue the gun maker because there foot was in the way when they pulled the trigger.

Should have given the truck won, not the picture truck, this is why a PREVIEW is SUGGESTED, gl uses the same picture on a herd of trailers, does not mean that you won the trailer pictured, gl even states "picture may not be actural item"

"Now as to what he is doing about it it is about as good as can be, because he could have taken you to the truck that you actually won, I know it well, and said have a nice day, it is all smashed up."

Lucky I am not the gl REP. because the above is what you would have gotten, THE TRUCK YOU WON and if you refused it, charge the penalty, if someone DOES NOT want to PREVIEW, this just may be the outcome, has happened before.

As a side note, maybe the reason that you got the truck for what you got it for was because others PREVIEWED it.

paradeduty

I hate to say it, Ron, but you are probably right. If someone makes "the trip" to preview an item, it probably is not much different an investment of time and money as making "the trip" to pick up an item that was won. If you make the trip to preview an item (suggested by GL) and decide not to participate in the bidding, or you make the trip to find that you have been refunded your funds and don't get a truck - basically, you are out the investment of the trip either way. I have done it, we have all probably done it, but we all take on some risk when we "blindly" bid on an item. I have looked at the pictures of some "miscellaneous" lots and all the pictures showed were the cardboard "triwalls" - now there is blind bidding! Don't know if there was a little bit of a lack of communication on GL's fault or what as to the processing of the refund on this truck (before the OP made the trip), but I have to admit that at least they did catch their mistake (hey - they happen to the best of us) and tried to do something to rectify it. Welcome to the world of "surplus" (or - if I wanted to pay full price, I would just run down the street and buy it new with a warranty, etc., etc.). I guess we are all a little bit cheap (frugal?) in that not one of us would turn down a mint condition truck (or name your addiction) for a fraction of its value (open to interpretation!).

NEIOWA

GL is going to recover the original property and re-auction it or they can press charges against the person who stole it in the first place if they refuse to return the item.
I was told by a DRMS site manager that the $ govliqidation collects are used to operate DRMS. Doesn't go back the the branch, to DOD, to pay the debt or anything else. DRMS does not participate in gov budget shutdowns because they run of "off books" $. They get their i"inventory" as a "donation" from a military unit. Give it to eligible reusers thru a variety of programs. Anything else is given to govliquidation and maybe some $ flow back the DRMS. Or maybe not.

If if was possible to make a full accounting I bet it would be dumber than GSA conferances in Vegas and their huge employee "bonus payments". Thought no-one in DC really was interested it that scandal. Last about a week.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said earlier, all that matters in a GL listing is the manifest.

If it isn't listed with an inventory number then it does exist. And if it IS listed then it must be delivered.

Remember the "FREE" M35A3 that wasn't in the description or pictures a few months back?

It was listed in the manifest so it had to be delivered.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I totally forgot about that GL screw up. Thanks for reposting it.
That one should be lesson number one of GL 101. The GL rep in the middle of that one is long gone. The current GL rep in Michigan, Tom, is far superior.

lost in the bush

I am new to GL.. For me it is like playing Slot Machines I love so much.

Sometime you get cherries. some times nothing.. If you can not afford to play do not play.

Previewing will reduce you chances of losing..

Things happen.

bigboy44

Ron, sometimes a preview is not possible but in this case If I would have made a preview I would have been shown the truck in the pictures, the numbers of the sale were on the truck in the pictures also. The screw up was not revealed until we could not find the truck. He then had to back track to find his mistake. He numbered and took pictures of the wrong truck.

I have been buying stuff from GL for a long time and have not had any problems except for this time. A man does not have to take a item if it is not as shown in the pictures, GL has responseabilitys too. Measure twice take pictures once.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
From the GL contract
PROPERTY DESCRIPTIONS:

QUOTE:
"The information and descriptions found in the advertising materials for specific sales are deemed reliable but are not guaranteed. We neither assume responsibility nor make any warranty regarding the sale's contents. Condition codes, National Stock Numbers (NSN), Local Stock Numbers (LSN), National Item Identification Numbers (NIIN), and Scrap Condition List (SCL) codes are provided as received from the DRMS as assistance to our customers. We do not guaranty the accuracy of this information.It is your responsibility to verify an item’s information and description, including but not limited to, product condition, estimated weight, count, measure or other factors that determine the bid price. Information provided by us is not guaranteed and should not be considered as a substitute for your due diligence and physical inspection of the property"

This means VERFIFY the vins , ect, TO ensure that you are bidding on the correct truck/item, I still say YOU brought a JUNKER

rickf

If you bought number XXXX and it was the vehicle that was not there then they owe you a truck or your money back. whether he marked it by mistake or not that vehicle was attached to that number so therefor it was the item you bought. I am curious to know how someone else got the truck out if you bought that number. It would only be on your receipt. So basicaly what it sounds like is someone else bought truck number XXYY and left with XXXX somehow. OR does LOT number XXXX not actually belong to serial number XXXX but instead to the serial number of the junker and therein lies the problem.

Rick

Truckoholic

He posted earlier in this thread that the truck in question was marked incorrectly by the GL representative. As in the truck he marked was not ever available for sale in the first place. It was there only temporarily or something, and got marked and photographed by mistake, and then was removed from the lot probably before the auction even happened by whatever people brought it there.

I hope we can stop trying to make the OP here out to be the bad guy in this case. He had every reason to believe he was bidding on a truck that existed, and GL screwed up big time, and this poor guy got hosed big time. It's not his fault!

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
If you bought number XXXX and it was the vehicle that was not there then they owe you a truck or your money back. whether he marked it by mistake or not that vehicle was attached to that number so therefor it was the item you bought. I am curious to know how someone else got the truck out if you bought that number. It would only be on your receipt. So basicaly what it sounds like is someone else bought truck number XXYY and left with XXXX somehow. OR does LOT number XXXX not actually belong to serial number XXXX but instead to the serial number of the junker and therein lies the problem.

Rick
I think this is the problem, the vin was NOT verified (different vin) then the picture truck , bet the vin in the description matched the junker truck vin and not the picture truck. The lot # belonged to the junker vin, just on a different vin truck, SO still say by going by the vin/lot#. the auction WAS for the junker. does not matter what the picture was, no different then ONE picture used for TEN 105s, this is WHY when you preview, you MATCH the vin being previewed against the description vin, not the picture. no point in previewing the wrong item.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks