• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 unavailable after winning

rickf

He posted earlier in this thread that the truck in question was marked incorrectly by the GL representative. As in the truck he marked was not ever available for sale in the first place. It was there only temporarily or something, and got marked and photographed by mistake, and then was removed from the lot probably before the auction even happened by whatever people brought it there.

I hope we can stop trying to make the OP here out to be the bad guy in this case. He had every reason to believe he was bidding on a truck that existed, and GL screwed up big time, and this poor guy got hosed big time. It's not his fault!
I am not disputing the fact that GL screwed up but I believe they did offer his money back. I am not trying to make him out to be the bad guy, I am trying to stay neutral. If he had previewed the truck and this came about then he would have grounds for reimbursement for travel but since he did not preview then he really never saw the vehicle. It does exist, just not what he expected. This probably would have been discovered in a preview. I agree that a preview is not feasible for some due to distance or other reasons but these are the chances you take in this game if you do not. Just like transport, be prepared for the worst.

Rick

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Still believe the OP brought a junker, no matter what he thought he was getting, the lot# and vin belonged to the junker and that lot#/vin is what he was bidding on

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron is right. Out of the goodness of their heart the offered his money back. They didn't have to. Per GL's terms and conditions all they had to do is point to the junker and say "there's the truck you bought, good luck".

If you read the terms and conditions GL isn't responsible for anything and you are responsible for everything. I'm not saying it would hold up in court but you'd have to sue them to find out.

Csm Davis

I say if this is the worst thing that happens to a GL costumer at the Rsms site, where they are in the middle of moving and rebuilding and selling around 3000 trucks! Then I hate there was a mixup but yea it wasn't real bad. He will get his money back which is more than I can say on several lots I paid for.

tuckered

I say if this is the worst thing that happens to a GL costumer at the Rsms site, where they are in the middle of moving and rebuilding and selling around 3000 trucks! Then I hate there was a mixup but yea it wasn't real bad. He will get his money back which is more than I can say on several lots I paid for.
Who is doing this and where? What is Rsms? Thanks

bigboy44

936 won waiting on EUC

OK, I think this dog has been beat enough already. I screwed up and will accept that as being my fault. Then again I though I learned my lesson. I wanted to bid on a 931 at Shelby on the 6th, being I got my refund for the 936 (Thank You GL). I called for a preview and it was denied due to the Independence Day holiday, even though the preview dates were the 3rd and 5th I was not allowed to preview! I was told no previews or pickups that week. So what do you do in that case? Roll the dice if you want to take the chance!

Well I did and won a nice 931 which I brough home yesterday 7/10/2012 good running truck. I also won a 936 out of Hammond, LA. which has some problems but I did preview it and was aware of them before bidding. All in all I am happy to say everything worked out for the best, I won a 936 and a 931 for $400.00 more dollars than I would have gotten the first 936 for.

Thanks for all the comments and may we all learn a lesson from this, I know I did. All in all I think we still roll the dice every time we bid even with a preview!

I would like to say I have been treated very good by all the GL personnell I have dealt with, and know we ALL make mistakes. I do not harbor any hard feelings toward any of them. Shelby is loaded with trucks and we can expect to see a mistake every now and then.

Thanks All
:D:grd:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ron, while I agree that previewing is a must, I have my own story to tell.

When I bought the M109, the vin did not match the discription, when I went to preview it. No other truck on the entire lot had that vin, me and the GL rep looked at them all. He backed through all his paperwork, and said that was the truck.

Later found out the dash tag had been changed by persons unknown, and the frame rail number was the same as the auction discription. Only could find that out after I got it home and chipped 40 years of paint off the frame.

So sometimes it still wouldn't help you to go look at it, poo happens.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks