• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A0 Recovery

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it's from the batch that mine came out of- you should have some good stuff. The ones coming up seem to be picked over and I saw some issues- lots of leakage around the crane and winches and some other issues. I walked thru them and glad I got one when I did.
I got one (M936) from about two weeks ago, waiting on EUC like, NF6X and Old Lincoln County Iron.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I would be surprised if the keys that came with one truck happened to fit the locks that came with another truck. I've bought trucks that came with padlock keys and/or padlocks, but so far none of them went together. Maybe I'll have more luck on my M936A1, though.

markmontana

I've had real good luck with locks using the same keys. So far the larger master locks that have "US Set" use a common key, and the smaller locks have their own common key. They are also marked "US".

The 936's I looked at all had the smaller US locks. YMMV

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea!!! Got my EUC back and we are headed to Barstow on Aug. 7th. for a 0900 pickup.
Can not wait!!:jumpin:

Hope truck is close to as good as markmontana is!!

markmontana

Yea!!! Got my EUC back and we are headed to Barstow on Aug. 7th. for a 0900 pickup.

Great! Good luck on the recovery and trip home.
Did a little quick lifting today. My helpers don't want to help lift stuff anymore- they fire up the crane instead.

Attachments

Alright good to hear! Unfortunately I wasn't able to submit my EUC as soon as I wanted
had some scanner problems, and eventually had to scan and submit from the local postal annex (35 miles away). Getting a quote now on hauling it home, vs driving.

markmontana

Is the gun ring forsale?
Everything is for sale, but because I have plans for it - it won't be cheap.

Are you guys sure you want to truck your 936's home? They are so awesome to drive and in such good shape. A new truck off the GL lot with a bill of sale- the PERFECT time to get some hours behind the wheel.:-D

Just so I would know what my recovery time was worth- I got a quote to ship from Barstow to Ogden, UT. $1600.00

goldneagle

620 mile recovery, no problems, other than running out of gas between the base and the truck stop.

One picture sums up a 936 recovery:
Did you bring any fuel with you? You were supposed to check all fluids during the recovery. Fuel is a fluid too! Unless you previewed the truck it is recommended that you bring extra cans of fuel with you on a recovery.

BTW Nice truck! I've wanted a wrecker since I saw one in action. :beer:

Everything is for sale, but because I have plans for it - it won't be cheap.

Are you guys sure you want to truck your 936's home? They are so awesome to drive and in such good shape. A new truck off the GL lot with a bill of sale- the PERFECT time to get some hours behind the wheel.:-D

Just so I would know what my recovery time was worth- I got a quote to ship from Barstow to Ogden, UT. $1600.00

Well I have recovered trucks (drove them) from all over ( Kansas, Missouri, Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, Arizona) and several instate. I always love to go and drive them home, but that takes
time to do so and since I have missed over 2 weeks off work ( due to kidney stones) this month
The boss needs me at work. Its bad when your the better employee, cause then you have to do
alot of babysitting. So its more that I don't have the time to recover it. And I have a friend in heavy haul out there close, so maybe I can get a real"good" rate. But you never know if things change
I'd be more than happy to drive her home. Its good "man and truck" bonding time! LOL

nf6x

Feral Engineer
I also have more money than time right now due to my work schedule, so I'll be having my truck towed home... very soon, because I just got my paid in full invoice email!

markmontana

Did you bring any fuel with you? You were supposed to check all fluids during the recovery. Fuel is a fluid too! Unless you previewed the truck it is recommended that you bring extra cans of fuel with you on a recovery.

BTW Nice truck! I've wanted a wrecker since I saw one in action. :beer:

Yea- I had fuel. Barstow no longer allows fuel or any fluids to be added while on base. Check- but no fill. The real problem was the fuel gauge and the tank selector switch were not in sync. My bad and I blame it on the bifocals! But I already have the fuel priming procedure :roll: down to a science and was quickly on the way.

And you guys that have more money than time need some ribbing now and again. :drool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks