• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Making a light bar over the cab.....Making progress....almost ready to install

RedBlok

Goobs - ever think about marketing a kit minus the lights and painting. I am sure that there are enough guys that would be interested in the mount. Heck - I would be willing to pay about between $100 - $150 for that mount - you still would make a nice profit. Let me know, I'll be your first customer. RedBlok

Goobs

I'll check into making some extra brackets. Not into it to make money off people but I can see how cheap I can get some made.

Thanks for the compliments.

Anyone know the best place to tap into 24v power from under the dash or do you think I should run a line straight from the batteries???

thanks.

Goobs

RedBlok

Goobs,

I am running a keyed battery disconnect switch inside my cab between the driver's seat and the passenger's bench seat. The Kit that TMG sells. I am just going to add a terminal block there and run the power wires to the lights. Doing that also ensures that when I kill the battery switch that everything is off.

Let me know if you do decide on making some extra brackets, I am interested. Again - nice work

Rob

Goobs

Hi Rob, I will definitely make a few sets of brackets if there is interest. I can probably have some in a week or two.

Would you need an offset or just flat?

Ill have to call TMG and see what they have.

Thanks

Goobs

RedBlok

Goobs, Offset like your set up would be great. Flat works too - whatever works with your schedule

The TMG Keyed battery cutoff switch kit was very complete and easy to install. That is what gave me the ideal of adding a terminal block right next to it. It just made sense.

Rob

Andrmorr

This is the best terminal block for the application. It gives you both 24v and 12v outputs and uses circuit breakers instead of fuses...it also has a port to add a solar panel to keep batteries charged...very high quality construction. I have one on my truck and it is plug and play easy...

ebay.com/itm/PULSETECH-PULSE-CHARGE-MONITOR-DISTRIBUTION-SYSTEM-BOX-24V-12V-HMMWV-PCMDS-NEW-/181735176007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a5042b747

Last edited:

Goobs

Hey Andrmorr,

This unit just plugs on to one terminal of the batteries and gives you both 24v and 12v terminals?

Sorry for my ignorance, the 24 v is all new to me.

Thanks

Goobs

Last edited:

Andrmorr

It has 1 ground lead and two pos leads. Connect the ground to one battery, then the 12v pos to the same battery, and the 24v pos to the other battery...then the box has 4 slots for 12v output, and 8 slots for 24v...it uses quik connect couplers which can be reused. This makes it very easy to add a line quickly on the road. It is also completely sealed against water/weather or "Fording"...

I have mine setup on the outside of a "Flaming River brand" high amp quik disconnect (https://www.flamingriver.com/batterydisconnect)
in the pos battery line so that when I hit the disconnect, EVERYTHING is cut from the batteries so there's no chance of a drain...

Last edited:

RedBlok

This is the best terminal block for the application. It gives you both 24v and 12v outputs and uses circuit breakers instead of fuses...it also has a port to add a solar panel to keep batteries charged...very high quality construction. I have one on my truck and it is plug and play easy...

ebay.com/itm/PULSETECH-PULSE-CHARGE-MONITOR-DISTRIBUTION-SYSTEM-BOX-24V-12V-HMMWV-PCMDS-NEW-/181735176007?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a5042b747

Pretty cool - Never seen this before. Are the instruction clear and straight forward?

Thanks

RedBlok

RedBlok

Pretty cool - Never seen this before. Are the instruction clear and straight forward?

Hey Goobs,

When you search ebay for this item, you can find them for $29.95 with $5 shipping - It looks like they don't come with instructions but for $29 vs $117, I'll look for the instructions

RedBlok

Andrmorr

Anything Pulsetech makes is aircraft quality. These kits were built for the Military and are being surplused out. They cost around $1800 originally. You'll find these on a bunch of the 5 tons when you get them from auction along with the solar panels. Pulsetech also makes the solargizer battery maintainers that are on 5 tons and generators...they keep your batteries from sulfating when they sit alot...

RedBlok

It has 1 ground lead and two pos leads. Connect the ground to one battery, then the 12v pos to the same battery, and the 24v pos to the other battery...then the box has 4 slots for 12v output, and 8 slots for 24v...it uses quik connect couplers which can be reused. This makes it very easy to add a line quickly on the road. It is also completely sealed against water/weather or "Fording"...

I have mine setup on the outside of a "Flaming River brand" high amp quik disconnect (https://www.flamingriver.com/batterydisconnect)
in the pos battery line so that when I hit the disconnect, EVERYTHING is cut from the batteries so there's no chance of a drain...

Thank you for posting this. I just snagged one off ebay. The battery disconnect is a nice feature too.

RedBlok

Last edited:

Andrmorr

the difference in price is usually what comes with it...the higher price comes with the circuit breakers and install kit...I used that link because it had better pics of the whole system...

RedBlok

According to Pulse Tech, the 735x650 system is 3 components - Push To Test box, the Power Distribution Unit and the Solar Charger. I emailed the Customer support at Pulse tech to see if I could get a manual. I will share it if they send me a e-copy.

Goobs

I just got one too for $29.95. It just takes standard blade fuses right? I was told if you have a 30 amp fuse at 12V, it is 15 amp at 24V. Is that right?

Thanks Andrmorr for the info

Andrmorr

Here is a pic of the whole system. The black box allows you to monitor the batts condition and also brings in the power from the solar panel and pulses it across the batteries to keep them charged and sulfate free...all the parts can be obtained seperately except the solar panel which uses an 8 pin sealed connector at the black box...so without the solar panel the distro box is the only usuable piece...be wary about jumping on the lowest priced box because unless it comes with the circuit breakers your looking at another 12 x $8 to get the circuit breakers you need. Make sure to ask if it's not specified in the add.

RedBlok

I just got one too for $29.95. It just takes standard blade fuses right? I was told if you have a 30 amp fuse at 12V, it is 15 amp at 24V. Is that right?

Thanks Andrmorr for the info
Hey Goobs,

If Pulse Tech sends me the instruction manual I will send you a copy. Looking at the ebay listing. It reads like the circuit breakers/fuses are included. I did ask the seller that question. I also asked if they had install instructions.. I 'll forward them to you if I get them. Not sure on your fuse question. I'll see what I can find.

Andrmorr

Hey Goobs,

If Pulse Tech sends me the instruction manual I will send you a copy. Looking at the ebay listing. It reads like the circuit breakers/fuses are included. I did ask the seller that question. I also asked if they had install instructions.. I 'll forward them to you if I get them. Not sure on your fuse question. I'll see what I can find.
My circuit breakers look like extra long blade fuses so it looks like regular fuses will work. It sure is nice to have breakers instead so a blown fuse isn't a show stopper...If they don't have the manual I'll look and see what came in my kit since I have the whole system with the solar panel. Let me know when it arrives and I should be back in the same state as my truck by then...

RedBlok

Hey Goobs,

If you bought it from E-liquidators on ebay, I think we are alright as far as the circuit breakers. They state the following:
The PCDS includes the following components:

• (A). Pulse Distribution Box
  • 24/7 pulsing maximizes battery power potential
  • 12- and 24-volt leads with resettable circuit breakers (custom sized to load requirements) allow installed on-board systems to be connected without tying into the battery box (see box below)
  • Protected 12- and 24-volt connection points
  • Direct battery connection without connecting to the batteries
  • Deep water fording capable

I think the line "With resettable circuit breakers" covers us. I will call them to make sure and let you know

Andrmorr

Hey Goobs,

If you bought it from E-liquidators on ebay, I think we are alright as far as the circuit breakers. They state the following:
The PCDS includes the following components:

• (A). Pulse Distribution Box
  • 24/7 pulsing maximizes battery power potential
  • 12- and 24-volt leads with resettable circuit breakers (custom sized to load requirements) allow installed on-board systems to be connected without tying into the battery box (see box below)
  • Protected 12- and 24-volt connection points
  • Direct battery connection without connecting to the batteries
  • Deep water fording capable

I think the line "With resettable circuit breakers" covers us. I will call them to make sure and let you know
I saw that too but be aware that is the FACTORY info line so they may not have noticed it says that and the breakers are not with the box...I think they would have included them in the pictures if they were there.