• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member Broke Down, SC

lavarok

I am in Palm Bay, which is about 200 miles from your current location. If you made it to Volusia, say Port Orange/Daytona area; I could flat tow you from there to Vero or Ft Piece. Maybe Kenny could take over from there? Do you have a tow bar? Did you leave your trailer somewhere already?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headed out now to go get Phil. His trailer with the genset has a lunette so if anyone has the capacity of meeting us, let me know. Ultimatley I'd like to bring everything back at once so we're going to try that. Probably a 6 hr hike for me one way so if anyone has info, please TXT me as I can hear nothing under power.

Just talked to Kenny. He is working on getting me towed.
Anyone have space to store a trailer to lighten the load for the tow?
If you can help please call Kenny. Thanks

If you can make it this far you can drop the genset and trailer here. Not sure how far off your route it would be. I live in Groveland Florida nearest major intersection is South state road 33 and State Road 50. How heavy is the genset and trailer total? I have a pintle on my dakota and my trucks tow capacity is 3,200 pounds. I could meet you guys somewhere and tow it back to my place.

Stonepicker1

If you can make it this far you can drop the genset and trailer here. Not sure how far off your route it would be. I live in Groveland Florida nearest major intersection is South state road 33 and State Road 50. How heavy is the genset and trailer total? I have a pintle on my dakota and my trucks tow capacity is 3,200 pounds. I could meet you guys somewhere and tow it back to my place.
Trailer weight with load is around 6k total. Trailer has military hich,dual axle with elect brake. 6 pin elect light hook-up. I have the 7 pin adapter.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm home! Phil's truck and trailer are secured at my AO. He is awaiting the arrival of his wife for the last leg of his journey. He lives an hour from me but works up my way so we'll figure out how to get his stuff to his house later in the week. We had a pretty uneventful trip back. Was able to run 55 or so most of the way. Off to shower and hit the rack, gotta be up at 3A for work. Night all! Best I can tell is it was between 625 and 650 miles for me today and
13 1/2 hrs in the saddle.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

I'm at the house. Going to get something to eat, take a long shower and get some sleep. I have to get back up for work at 0600.

I'll post pictures when I get back from work.

Big thanks to all the SS members for your outstanding support.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks