• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Member Broke Down, SC

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The engine should be pipe thread. Then there is an adapter, then the hose. Can you just get a pipe thread to hose barb adapter and splice into your line up in the rubber area? Use a hose barb to hose barb to do the rubber hose splice.

Or a complete universal oil cooler kit could get you going again

Or, you could just use 2 pipe plugs and not run the oil cooler for the trip home.

Is cutting the rubber line at the hole, and just using a hose barb-hose barb connector out of the question?

Last edited:

MitchG

Hey Phil is it the rubber part of the line leaking? If so you could always go to one of the parts stores and get a small section of steel brake line and some clamps. Cut out the bad section and use a couple clamps on each side of the rubber hose If it's a small enough piece that you can leave the flares on each end its even better.

Stonepicker1

I bought some duct tape and hose clamps. I think i still have the plugs that came with the engine. Im going to try the duct tape trick. I think i have the block plugs that came with the engine in the engine can.

? Could there be to much crankcase pressure. This is why my valve cover gasket started leaking.
I loosen the oil fill cap just in case.

ranchhopper

A few of the 6.5s I bought had F7 codes on them after being rebuilt reasons listed was excessive blowby the engine just needs to be run in after everything seats and the rings are seated crankcase pressure is a non issue.

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Oil leak fixed. But now bigger problems..... Batteries not charging. No gen 1 or 2 lights on dash. Both batteries are at 7 volts. I'm stopped at the Hess station at exit 85, south on 95.

Any info on what to check before truck shots down?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Check your bottom most fuse.

Did you connect an engine to frame or body ground when you changed engines? do you have jumper-cables with you?

Last edited:

Stonepicker1

Looks like my son and i will be spending the night in my truck.
Truck is still running. Why i don't know. I thought the hmmwv ip had to have 24 volts to stay open.
I only have 14 volts(back battery) front is dead.
If my truck is still running at daybreak, i will get a new battery down the road so my trailer brakes work.
Gen 1 was missing the ground strap. I put one on but looks like the alt is bad.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks