• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802A/803A S1 Master Switch Source - Electroswitch

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks to those who have committed. I am going to put the order in tomorrow morning. You have until then to add to the tally. Thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The group buy didnt make it to 50, but I did buy a couple extra for myself in case just this situation arose. I will private message you. Thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK so they gave me a tracking number Monday, but it hasnt moved yet. I called them and they assure me its shipping out today. So if they hit tomorrow, all should ship Friday. Otherwise it might roll to Monday. Thanks for your patience.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tracking numbers were messaged. If anyone didn't get a PM from me... let me know. @bosko still waiting to hear back from you on the 4 you wanted, they are here. Thanks

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
My MEP-802A had a blue S1 that would hang in the start position so I started looking for a replacement. I found another blue one on the auction site for $90 and passed. I sent an email to Electroswitch: I wanted the NSN 5930-01-531-2976, Model 75902LV version. The folks at Electroswitch indicated that this is an active model and could be purchased. The quote I received looked like this.
Below is our quotation for this Series 31 Control, 75902LV. If you wish to order this control, please complete the attached credit card form, .......... Pricing does not include shipping.

75902LV
Qty: 1-4
Price = $97.45 each
Lead Time = 3-4 Weeks
Non-cancelable, non-returnable.
Quote is valid 30 Days, F.O.B. Weymouth, MA........

My inquiry started with a note to info@electroswitch.com. Include your address because they forward your inquiry to the Sales Person responsible for your geographic region: mine is East Coast.

Date: Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 2:31 PM
To: info@electroswitch.com

Is your rotary switch 75902LV available? It is a Series 31 switch used in military generator sets as the Master Switch.

Thanks,
Bls

Pdf is the Electroswitch drawing, images show old and new switches, and the installed unit. The several Electroswitch people I interacted with were very helpful and made the purchase quite easy.....as long as you can stomach the cost. I wanted an OEM 75902LV and am quite happy with my purchase. Note the diode is not included with the switch - I reused the one that was on my blue switch.

Hope this info helps others with the dreaded blue switches.....
I have ample stock of these and can send express shipping [overnight] $135.00 or USPS priority $120.00 please email direct to libbysales@austin.rr.com thanx mac/mc

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In my NOS 2009 unit, its outfitted with blue switches (only has 19 hours now since I've owned it). I will be pulling the blue switch out and using it as a part for a future repair... for whatever that's worth.

Phenolic keyed shaft on the plastic unit, all metal on the Electroswitch. I'm not interested in a failure at the wrong time, on my personal machine.

Bluevic443

In my NOS 2009 unit, its outfitted with blue switches (only has 19 hours now since I've owned it). I will be pulling the blue switch out and using it as a part for a future repair... for whatever that's worth.

Phenolic keyed shaft on the plastic unit, all metal on the Electroswitch. I'm not interested in a failure at the wrong time, on my personal machine.
Was leaning that way, guess I will have a spare plastic switch now. :cool:

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've tossed many blue over the years. One example of what I would aim to avoid on my own machine. It often just shears off flush with the switch body. Cheap, cheap...

unnamed.jpg

majoday

My MEP-802A had a blue S1 that would hang in the start position so I started looking for a replacement. I found another blue one on the auction site for $90 and passed. I sent an email to Electroswitch: I wanted the NSN 5930-01-531-2976, Model 75902LV version. The folks at Electroswitch indicated that this is an active model and could be purchased. The quote I received looked like this.
Below is our quotation for this Series 31 Control, 75902LV. If you wish to order this control, please complete the attached credit card form, .......... Pricing does not include shipping.

75902LV
Qty: 1-4
Price = $97.45 each
Lead Time = 3-4 Weeks
Non-cancelable, non-returnable.
Quote is valid 30 Days, F.O.B. Weymouth, MA........

My inquiry started with a note to info@electroswitch.com. Include your address because they forward your inquiry to the Sales Person responsible for your geographic region: mine is East Coast.

Date: Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 2:31 PM
To: info@electroswitch.com

Is your rotary switch 75902LV available? It is a Series 31 switch used in military generator sets as the Master Switch.

Thanks,
Bls

Pdf is the Electroswitch drawing, images show old and new switches, and the installed unit. The several Electroswitch people I interacted with were very helpful and made the purchase quite easy.....as long as you can stomach the cost. I wanted an OEM 75902LV and am quite happy with my purchase. Note the diode is not included with the switch - I reused the one that was on my blue switch.

Hope this info helps others with the dreaded blue switches.....
I have a 75902LV in the mail. I understand that the numbers correspond with the K & N Blue switch. I am going to use the diode #1 to #7. I am curious about the jumper that was on the K & N. Did you have to use it? I have not used schematics in a looooong time, but am busy re-learning.

Farmitall

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well crap! aua Life got busy around here and I lost track of this thread and never got a PM from anyone who had ordered these switches in the past. My how the time has flown by!

Earlier in the thread I committed to three of these switches if a group buy occurred and will still hold to that if anyone has switches on hand and willing to sell them for a reasonable price.

I'd like to have at least one spare on hand if possible. Please PM me here

Thanks,

Last edited:

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a 75902LV in the mail. I understand that the numbers correspond with the K & N Blue switch. I am going to use the diode #1 to #7. I am curious about the jumper that was on the K & N. Did you have to use it? I have not used schematics in a looooong time, but am busy re-learning.
The 75902LV does not require any jumpers to be added to it. Simply put the diode across terminals 1 & 7 and then hook the wire harness wires up to the switch.

majoday

The 75902LV does not require any jumpers to be added to it. Simply put the diode across terminals 1 & 7 and then hook the wire harness wires up to the switch.
Thank you. I studied the literature and the schematic and concluded that must be so, but your real-life experience sealed it! I appreciate your willingness to share something even so simple and obvious.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks