• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP831A - Overvoltage Fault

Kenny0

I had the same problem with my MEP 831a. Ran and worked like it should even on very humid days. One time on a non-humid day, I started it up and immediately shut off with short circuit fault. I disconnected the convenience outlet and everything else without any major disassembly and still the same. Thought the inverter was toast. One last thing I tried was turning the voltage adjust knob on the panel from stop to stop what seemed like a hundred times. I left the voltage knob turned all the way to the left (lowest voltage) and it took off and worked like it should and adjusted the voltage to normal running position and it has worked ever since. Was this the problem or just a coincidence.

linuxbox

No schematics or trouble shooting info for the inverter. It's a pluck and chuck item.

High humidity can cause issues with them. Have you had high humidity lately while you've been working with it?

The rest of the generator is pretty solid.

I have a supposidly good used inverter on it's way to me. If it tests good that may be an option.

Also the PMA and Inverter can be yanked out and replaced with a conventional gen head. I've done that to several 831's. I have produced gen head swap kits with a new GC, wiring harnesses, hardware and instructions on how to do it.
Still selling those kits? please PM

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks