• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Fire Trucks

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remembrance Day fire support

I did an "Images" search for "Chevrolet Class 325 Fire Truck" so I could drive myself nuts wanting another style of MV. Real sweet looking 2 axle truck. Clicking on the image then clicking on "Go to page" on this next link may net you some better photos.

Here's a shortened link to the images.
TinyURL.com/zvbmxre

Here's a link to one of the pages and one of the photos off their site http://vehiclesofvictory.com/resources/fire-trucks-of-wwii/

chev fire truck.jpg

shokunin98

I did an "Images" search for "Chevrolet Class 325 Fire Truck" so I could drive myself nuts wanting another style of MV. Real sweet looking 2 axle truck. Clicking on the image then clicking on "Go to page" on this next link may net you some better photos.

Here's a shortened link to the images.
TinyURL.com/zvbmxre

Here's a link to one of the pages and one of the photos off their site http://vehiclesofvictory.com/resources/fire-trucks-of-wwii/

View attachment 653470
I got different fotos if I staret this image search, so:
Thanks a lot. Very interesting the pictures of the ebay set.

I got a feedback from the overloon museum. In the week it is possible to make fotos from all sides of the vehicle if I make an appointment with one of the supervisors of the museum. I made some fotos at my last visit, but the show only a few details of the upper construction.

shokunin98

I got different fotos if I start this image search, so:
Thanks a lot. Very interesting the pictures of the ebay set althoug it is 1/48 and only a class 135 vehicle. If visited the site of tankworkshop and found larger images and an instruction sheet. Nice.

I got a feedback from the overloon museum. In the week it is possible to make fotos from all sides of the vehicle if I make an appointment with one of the supervisors of the museum. I made some fotos at my last visit, but the show only a few details of the upper construction.

Last edited:

shokunin98

The base of the truck will be a resin kit of Masters Productions, Ref. 35013, Cargo Truck 1 1/2 ton chevy.
And regarding to the parts for the fire truck conversion there is no commercial kit I can buy so I need plans and detailed fotos to scratch it with plastic and metal materials.

Another Ahab

The base of the truck will be a resin kit of Masters Productions, Ref. 35013, Cargo Truck 1 1/2 ton chevy.
And regarding to the parts for the fire truck conversion there is no commercial kit I can buy so I need plans and detailed fotos to scratch it with plastic and metal materials.
That should be a fine project, shokunin98; sure hope you'll start a thread about it so we can follow the build. [thumbzup]

shokunin98

Here a short intermediate result:

I contacted Jim Davis, who could give me a lot of information about such chevy fire trucks because of his stake in WWII.
The idea with the truck in the Overloon museum was good but Jim had a better idea: He established a contact to someone in the netherlands who restored such a fire truck and called it "Jim" after Jim's visit there. I will visit Robert in january next year to take pictures and do some measuring regarding to the upper body of the truck.

Furthermore I contacted Jim Darley from W.S. Darley & Co. who could give me a lot of information about the darley pump mounted on the bumper of the truck. With these informations it must be possible to scratch such a pump. I will use a program that supports me to print any loaded picture in a scale regarding to a range I define in the program, for example:print the foto so that the width of the pump is 15mm and I get a print with the pump in scale.

And I contacted someone at shapeways who offers parts for fire equipment in 1/24 and was able to print it in my scale. I'm curious about how the parts will be printed.
You can see: The project accelerates.

Best
Rafael

WV New Guy

For some reason I never saw this thread till today . I posted pics of the new USMC P-19 replacement and two pics of an unknown Crash Truck that was assigned to the National Guard in Lancaster PA , somewhere I have pics that show the old school air operated kinsman rescue tool, one of many before the well know Hurst tool came into play. I will also post some pics of our ARFF rigs from Work , There green just the wrong shade!

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to BUMP this thread with a video "SCAVENGER HUNT" of sorts.

Watch this video and then answer TWO questions:

1. How many Fire Trucks, Rescue Trucks, etc. rollout for this "ALARM"???

2. How many (obviously) former MILITARY VEHICLE based apparatus mustered for this event???

I'm impressed, to say the least.
A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the restorations and preservations depicted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xUtEYZpupw

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to BUMP this thread with a video "SCAVENGER HUNT" of sorts.

Watch this video and then answer TWO questions:

1. How many Fire Trucks, Rescue Trucks, etc. rollout for this "ALARM"???

2. How many (obviously) former MILITARY VEHICLE based apparatus mustered for this event???

I'm impressed, to say the least.
A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into the restorations and preservations depicted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xUtEYZpupw
Here's a "Second Alarm" video of this same event, but from a different tactical vantage point....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQYEYGVftVg

cucvmule

collector of stuff
Awesome thread, I still see Military Fire trucks used as Tankers or off road brush trucks.
The last M715 I seen a few years ago was an auction from the Antonio Fire Dept, Antonio Missouri.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks