• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mulemac01 M275 2 1/2 ton Gas truck tractor ON-GOING restoration and rebuild tread.

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
I painted the oil fill can first with primer then valve cover next and took a Picture while the paint was still wet.

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Ok been a long time posting on this thread. Haven't been able to do much on the truck in last few months because it's been very hot here in Las Vegas. I've been buying a few more parts for the truck waiting for it to get cooler to install. I did manage to prime and paint the transmission today. Next is the engine to be primed and painted in a few weeks then back in the truck more pictures to come.

IMG_1503.jpgIMG_1504.jpgIMG_1508.jpgIMG_1510.jpg

MuleMac01

...sigh thought I had a new clutch pressure plate but the bolt holes on the new 4 finger doesn't match up to the old one on the 3 finger clutch ... I need help a anyone got a lead on and gas clutch pressure plate new or got a napa part number?
oldIMG_1511.jpgIMG_1512.jpgnew

rustystud

...sigh thought I had a new clutch pressure plate but the bolt holes on the new 4 finger doesn't match up to the old one on the 3 finger clutch ... I need help a anyone got a lead on and gas clutch pressure plate new or got a napa part number?
oldView attachment 693781View attachment 693782new

Yeah, you got yourself a multifuel clutch pressure plate there. You might have to have the old clutch pressure plate "ground" at a machine shop. To bad, I threw out three gas engine clutch pressure plates last week. Two where in really good shape to.

rustystud

Yeah. I've had to clean out my container since it will be getting moved in a few days. Over 7 tons of parts went to the scrapper :-( . I just had nowhere to put them. The new shop is on hold for a little while longer while the house renovation goes forward. Priorities ! Or I should say how to keep the wife happy priorities !

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah. I've had to clean out my container since it will be getting moved in a few days. Over 7 tons of parts went to the scrapper :-( . I just had nowhere to put them. The new shop is on hold for a little while longer while the house renovation goes forward. Priorities ! Or I should say how to keep the wife happy priorities !
I know, I just painted the house.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
oldView attachment 693781View attachment 693782new
Well I guess that's my fault then, I talked you into buying it. I'll have to buy it from you to make up for my mistake. Sorry about that.

MuleMac01

Well I guess that's my fault then, I talked you into buying it. I'll have to buy it from you to make up for my mistake. Sorry about that.

G
No you dont. Just help me find a new one... Does anyone know the part number for the gas ones? I mean there has to be a civilian equivalent for it correct?

just FYI I lost my Tm for the gas engines left it at a friends house so I have no way of looking to put numbers right now.

Last edited:

rustystud

G
No you dont. Just help me find a new one... Does anyone know the part number for the gas ones? I mean there has to be a civilian equivalent for it correct?

just FYI I lost my Tm for the gas engines left it at a friends house so I have no way of looking to put numbers right now.
The clutch assembly is a "Rockford 15TM" and the Federal Stock Number is 2520-752-0944 . The other numbers given where 7520944 and 19207.

This site looks promising http://www.mid-americaclutch.com/clutches/15-inch-push-type-clutches/

Last edited:

MuleMac01

Talked with my. Friends over at white owl surplus today. And they had a civilian equivalent part number back in the day of CA0280 found this website that might have it I want to know what you guys think??? Says it's a Ford push 12 inch push type

http://www.dwclutch.com/D&W/D&W Clutch & Brake 2/12 INCH PUSH TYPE LIGHT DUTY.htm

http://www.mid-americaclutch.com/clutches/12-inch-push-type-clutches/

Update: just Measured the pressure plate that came off that engine and its 12 inches across on on the plate. Going to measure bolt holes and talk to the guy tomorrow see if the one they have will work out... but I think we have a winner I will keep you updated. I also dropped off the flywheel to get re-machinedk

Last edited:

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MuleMac01, try B&M Military Surplus 518-563-6656 They have new parts, and are also parting out 50+ 2.5, 5, & 10 ton trucks. From having looked at pictures of their back lot they have a lot of older trucks. They also have several 5 & 10 ton gas trucks, so, they may have 1 or 2, 2.5 ton gassers. Looks like a fun project ya got going. I think I'll subscribe as well.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
MuleMac01, also try Alfa Heaven. They have some new and some take off parts for the Reo gas motor. 715-449-2141. Also Tom may have some clutch parts stashed away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks