• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, as it states, and thankfully with some outstanding SS members help, I finally have Reis the Beast home. She was rescued from Fort Bragg in July 2018, and spent thru April 2019 stored not far away in NC.

So I thought I would start my own lil corner.
Side View lmtv.jpg1357455_6002_159_0001.jpg
Some history on the truck- [3ESC264CSSB] 3rd EXPEDITIONARY SUSTAINMENT COMMAND, 264TH Combat Sustainment Support Battalion- This from the bumper markings, 1st level, there is additional markings deeper, but that will have to wait. Also, from some paperwork found under the seat-it was used May 2018 for a "Warrior on the Water" event May 4 2018 in NC.
unit lmtv.jpg
Mechanically, she drives..as I drove it from the drop off to the house,about 2 miles. Electrically she has some gremlins. Cant shut it off without pulling 52, trans shift 3 to 4 was very hard, no master switch function, eventually, after the short drive trans would go ** and you would have to shut down and restart. Some little stuff, Unable to tilt cab, battery cables needs replacing, 1 head light out, No lights on Ctis, rear emergency glad hand missing, air dryer connections loose, driver door lock missing, pass door latch needs love, grill warped,pass door window and opener handle missing. Needs a wiper arm and wipers/ horn do not work

Good stuff, oil looks brand new, with 5/18 on the filter, difs and planetary, trans fluid spotless, tires on front 50% or better, spare and rears 90% or better, paint looks great, brakes at least 98%, no cab rust with exception of minor rust at base of steering wheel floor plate.

I have gutted the cab, fixed the door window seals, got both windows rolled up. Ordered a replacement lock from advanced automation [do they make them out of gold-way too much], replaced the head lights with leds, and picked up two napa 6tls and an odyssey 2250 6tl, waiting to get the 2nd one [too much]. I have the 3 batts on charge and they are up to 13.20. In the end I may go for 6 group 31's similar to Sean Fillner/Abel build. So both 6tl's and odesseys will probably come up available in the future.

Parts i have available- factory com wiring harness, troop seats driver side fiberglass/alum.

seat.jpgwire.jpg1357455_5983_289_0001.jpg

I am leaning towards expo type-looking for a cheap s280

I welcome all comments, criticism or suggestions.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup, my Bragg LMTV has a similar laundry list of deficiencies. Seems like the SOP at Bragg is run it until it won't move and then off to auction.

Ronmar

My driver seat looks just about like that. Found most of the material in a mouse nest behind the dash panel. At least the little bugger didnt appear to chew on any of the wiring:)

FloridaAKM

The mouse I found in my M-1081 was in the shape I like to find them, a pile of bones & fur between the seats. The deuce was not so lucky, passenger seat cover was chewed out & a nest made of it found later under the seat.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have an MTV 1083 with the same dang trans going blank issue. Haven’t had time to mess with it, but will be following along to see what you have going on. Good luck.

coachgeo

Look at the wires where they go through holes in the dash. Others have found issues there. Particularly those in same hole as the fuel pedal arm.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
coachgeo thats where i am headed, and one of the reasons i gutted cab..i am first working batteries and primary 12v/24v to fuse pdp. Its got several electrical challenges that could be related. process of repair and eliminate

thanks for the suggestion, much appreciate

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, today was a great day, I received my gold-almost-unabtaineum drivers door lock. I took a picture, because it didnt seem like 200 smackers worth, maybe its the grade of the gold and unobtaineum its made of.
dr door lock.jpg

4 PAOZZ 0FW39 12417478 LATCH,DOOR,VEHICULA LEFT SIDE...... 1

Advanced Automation was quick to ship, and got me the part I needed.

Now I can put the door back together

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
fr turns.jpgmirror.jpg

Another great day with two deliveries. A set of over door convex mirrors, and new front turn signals. Some future projects planned for Reis the Beast.

[h=1]Velvac 715198 Stainless Steel Convex Mirror (Over The Door)[/h]
[h=1]Grand General 78260BP Pearl 4" Amber Round LED Park/Turn/Clearance Light (Includes Light, Grommet & Pigtail for Trucks, Trailers, RVs, Utility Vehicles)[/h]

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More future plan stuff in the house.

A video monitor system single camera [expandable to 4] CabCam. I believe the model is CC7M1C
Feature I like, you
can activate each specific cam with turn, back up or clearance lights, and it can be recorded,

Purchased from a garage sale. Doesn't look like it was ever installed

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
10T CRimper.jpg

I never thought USPS would deliver on a FED Holiday.. Anyways, got a new tool in today, a 10Ton hyd crimper..Great for those battery cable mods, and was only 38.00

Search Amazon for 10 Tons Hydraulic Wire Battery Cable Lug Terminal Crimper Crimping Tool With 9 Pairs of Dies

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today was extra special, Reis the Beast gave up some goods. While wrestling around trying to get the cab lifted, a buddy called, and diverted my attention back to seats..He found me a pair, so I decided to take a break. While sitting in the cab, I stuck my fingers in the holes along the roof line, didn't find much but some mre wraps on the pass side, was about to give up, when a little gray was seen on the driver side. I moved over to the driverside, and poked at the gray, it move..I stuck a light in and pulled out not 1, but 2, mini pulsetech battery testers. looked brand new.

https://www.pulsetech.net/mbt-1-pulsetech-mini-12v-battery-load-tester.html

Thank you Reis

mbt-1.jpg

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some history on the truck- [3ESC264CSSB] 3rd EXPEDITIONARY SUSTAINMENT COMMAND, 264TH Combat Sustainment Support Battalion- This from the bumper markings, 1st level, there is additional markings deeper, but that will have to wait. Also, from some paperwork found under the seat-it was used May 2018 for a "Warrior on the Water" event May 4 2018 in NC.
View attachment 763806
Below that you will find a marking for "82SB 264CSSB" or similar. 264th CSSB was previously assigned to 82nd Sustainment Brigade, when 82SB was a Corps Separate. At the time it was realigned to 82nd Airborne Division, 82nd SB was made of a STB, 189th CSSB, 264th CSSB, 330th MCB (Movement Control Battalion). It previously also had 7th Transportation Battalion assigned, but they deactivated upon return from JTF duties out of Kuwait in 2010/2011.

Last I knew:

264th CSSB consisted of: HHD, 11th QM Co (Rigger), 623rd QM Co (Rigger), 647th QM Co (Rigger), 659th Support Maint Company, 246th...? QM Co (Laundry and Bath), 249th QM Co (Supply).

189th Consisted of, HHD 126th Transportation Company (PLS), 127th QM Co (Water Purification), 8th OD Co (Ammo),

330th Consisted of a handful of Movement Control Teams (including the only Airborne one), HHD, and 403rd ICTC (Inland Cargo Transfer Company).

STB consisted of HHC, Signal Company, 126th Finance Company, 18th HR Company (Postal)...

Oh yeah, how do I know this? That was my unit. 249th QM Co is who I went to Iraq with, I was BN Maint Officer for 264th CSSB, and working in 82nd SB BDE SPO.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Below that you will find a marking for "82SB 264CSSB" or similar. 264th CSSB was previously assigned to 82nd Sustainment Brigade, when 82SB was a Corps Separate. At the time it was realigned to 82nd Airborne Division, 82nd SB was made of a STB, 189th CSSB, 264th CSSB, 330th MCB (Movement Control Battalion). It previously also had 7th Transportation Battalion assigned, but they deactivated upon return from JTF duties out of Kuwait in 2010/2011.

Last I knew:

264th CSSB consisted of: HHD, 11th QM Co (Rigger), 623rd QM Co (Rigger), 647th QM Co (Rigger), 659th Support Maint Company, 246th...? QM Co (Laundry and Bath), 249th QM Co (Supply).

189th Consisted of, HHD 126th Transportation Company (PLS), 127th QM Co (Water Purification), 8th OD Co (Ammo),

330th Consisted of a handful of Movement Control Teams (including the only Airborne one), HHD, and 403rd ICTC (Inland Cargo Transfer Company).

STB consisted of HHC, Signal Company, 126th Finance Company, 18th HR Company (Postal)...

Oh yeah, how do I know this? That was my unit. 249th QM Co is who I went to Iraq with, I was BN Maint Officer for 264th CSSB, and working in 82nd SB BDE SPO.
Bikeman, very very cool history/info. Thats going in the book for this truck. Whats the chance you put foot to pedal?.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unless it's the one from 647th that I had to rescue from a ditch after being stolen... zilch. I drove a couple HMMWVs when I was there, but I was an officer. So, even having a 348 was an oddity, let alone driving.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another great day, as the post man has cometh..thanks to Ebay got a NOS wiper arm.

14 PAOOO 82484 S-4706 ARM,WINDSHIELD WIPE................. 3

wiper.jpg

Today working on CB70/K2, see if I can get the master switch working.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welp, no luck..even swapped with warning light switch. Electrical problem seems to move. Now to shut it off, i have to pull k24.

think i am going to check the junction under the spare

Also ordered 1 gal of the Royco 756 on bay for the cab lift system

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Success, we now have start/stop via the master switch.

After realizing my problem moved when I was checking relays and the reason it moved. I went back through all the K/CB and found 2 12v and 1 24 V relay bad, Replaced and she starts, charges and shuts down.. Now on to transmission.

Wipers work, horn relay clicks, so I will check at the horn for power

Well, Think I am going to hit the cab hyd next. waiting for the fluid to arrive

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks