• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1078MAN,

Did you ever figure out the Manual pump issue?

I'm to the point now that I'm going to start taking off the hydraulic hoses to check for blockage?auaauaaua

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tires are finally done.. found both run flats incorrectly positioned, put 24 oz of balancing beads in, we shall see how it does.. now I can move back to the pump,,with no excuses.

By the way, anyone have a straight drag link laying around, 24P Figure 160, I 1. don't care about the rod ends. I am sure mine is slightly bent.

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
By the way, anyone have a straight drag link laying around, 24P Figure 160, I 1. don't care about the rod ends. I am sure mine is slightly bent.
[/QUOTE]

Unless your is badly bent, the one on my truck and the spare both have a bend in them. Are they bad? You got me thinking now!

These NOS I found for sell here also has a bend in it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/363507700565?hash=item54a2bf5355:g:W9kAAOSwxXZhGdBv

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Unless your is badly bent, the one on my truck and the spare both have a bend in them. Are they bad? You got me thinking now!

[/QUOTE]
Sure looks like a "factory bend" to me.
Even more so if you have two that look that similar...

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tires are finally done.. found both run flats incorrectly positioned, put 24 oz of balancing beads in, we shall see how it does.. now I can move back to the pump,,with no excuses.

For the hand pump, I didn't do this yet so I'm going to give this a try, the hydraulic fluid restrictors in the manifold. Can't hurt, at least I'll know they'll be clean afterwards.

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter

[/QUOTE]
Yes, I was actually talking about the trailing arm that stretches' from left wheel to right,, 2530-01-363-4436

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So finished up the flush and fill on the trans/transfer case. I have not driven yet, however, I will say that my drive and reverse engage seem crisp but not jerky like before. Filters looked good, but replaced anyways. On to the next actions

AHU🚚
4 CAM camera system by eRapta
-Search NOZAMA for eRapta Backup Camera 2.0 with Monitor for RV Truck Trailer Tractor 5th Wheel Split Screen Back Up Reversing Parking Backing Rear and Side Wired Camera
2 additional Solar Panels 210W by Newpowa
-Search NOZAMA for Newpowa 210W Watts>200W Solar Panel 12V Mono Off Grid Charger for RV Boat Camper
2 additional 100 AH batteries (Solar) by light-catcher solar https://www.lightcatchersolar.com/
Removing AX56L going to Bodega
-Search NOZAMA BODEGA APP Control Car Fridge 80 Quart(75L)Protable RV Refrigerator, Electric Cooler Dual Zone, -4℉-68℉ Small Freezer, Travel and Camping, Support 12/24V DC and 100-240V AC

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went for a 500 mile round trip to the mountains and surrounding areas of the Allegheny Highlands, even a little 2 mile off road run (collecting trail cams)

Trans shifts very nice, still have a 4 to 5 hard shift, but its not as harsh as it was. I am going to try another relearn.

It was nice to be able to drive 60MPH on 81 and 220, the 2 new front tires and balancing beads are doing amazing. I think my rear tires have a problem that warrants further investigation now that I have eliminated the fronts

I was able to adjust the bent tie rod enough to get me close to aligned. (still looking for a new one) if someone has the rod laying about don't care about the joints.

Temps on the hubs and differentials seem to be reasonable to the touch, however, that may be my next service item.

A long day behind the wheel of ReisTB without incident is a great day in my MV book

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Some more goodies inbound

Sun visors NOS Search FLEE BUY LMTV FMTV M1078 NOS SUN VISOR KIT UP GRADE KIT
5 GANG Switch Array search FLEE BUY 5 Gang Rocker Dual USB Charger +Digital Volmeter +12V Outlet Switch Panel for RV
MRAP mirrors w /DETENT adjusters.. Search FLEE BUY Military Mirror West Coast Style, Left, On Bracket, New MRAP, Universal Set of 2
Midland Valve Rebuild Search FLEE BUY KN34101 MIDLAND VALVE PARTS KIT RRN31BC RN31BA
Air BRake Relay Valve repair kit Search FLEE BUY FMTV M1078 M1083 Air Brake Relay Valve Repair Kit 12417375-001 2530-01-478-5902
Propane Instant Hot Water Search ZoNaMa 6L 12KW Portable Tankless Hot Water Heater 2 GPM RV's & Campers Propane Gas LPG

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Some more goodies inbound

Sun visors NOS Search FLEE BUY LMTV FMTV M1078 NOS SUN VISOR KIT UP GRADE KIT
5 GANG Switch Array search FLEE BUY 5 Gang Rocker Dual USB Charger +Digital Volmeter +12V Outlet Switch Panel for RV
MRAP mirrors w /DETENT adjusters.. Search FLEE BUY Military Mirror West Coast Style, Left, On Bracket, New MRAP, Universal Set of 2
Midland Valve Rebuild Search FLEE BUY KN34101 MIDLAND VALVE PARTS KIT RRN31BC RN31BA
Air BRake Relay Valve repair kit Search FLEE BUY FMTV M1078 M1083 Air Brake Relay Valve Repair Kit 12417375-001 2530-01-478-5902
Propane Instant Hot Water Search ZoNaMa 6L 12KW Portable Tankless Hot Water Heater 2 GPM RV's & Campers Propane Gas LPG
Wow! Sounds like your winter project will be fully supplied.
Question is - will you work out in the cold and rain - or inside :)

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Day, the better half picked up one of these for those just in case days.. very cool little GENSET, quiet, good price and as often as I might need it, fits the bill perfectly.

ANd you know that space right behind the rear fender and tail light.. nice little pull out box is in the future

May convert it to LPG someday
GEN SET.jpg

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went for a 500 mile round trip to the mountains and surrounding areas of the Allegheny Highlands, even a little 2 mile off road run (collecting trail cams)

Trans shifts very nice, still have a 4 to 5 hard shift, but its not as harsh as it was. I am going to try another relearn.

It was nice to be able to drive 60MPH on 81 and 220, the 2 new front tires and balancing beads are doing amazing. I think my rear tires have a problem that warrants further investigation now that I have eliminated the fronts

I was able to adjust the bent tie rod enough to get me close to aligned. (still looking for a new one) if someone has the rod laying about don't care about the joints.

Temps on the hubs and differentials seem to be reasonable to the touch, however, that may be my next service item.

A long day behind the wheel of ReisTB without incident is a great day in my MV book
I have 2 NOS tie rods and good used takeouts in central NC

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Day, the better half picked up one of these for those just in case days.. very cool little GENSET, quiet, good price and as often as I might need it, fits the bill perfectly.

ANd you know that space right behind the rear fender and tail light.. nice little pull out box is in the future

View attachment 844611
Mmmmmmmm, Harbor Freight.

Third From Texas

View attachment 844611
My neighbor has that one and it is quiet!

I picked up one of these at Sam's Club last month. Really for the house and backup power (always wanted a spare for hurricane season). I have 6K diesel on the M1079 also as a backup.

btw: here's basically free Sams Club membership for Sept:

*Sams is bad about saying omething is out of stock when the local had three of them, but the guy said they get truckloads of gens each week)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks