• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MV Addiction filled. Reis the Beast M1078A0 is born

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have a 3116 laying about that they are parting out, I need this timing inner item 5 of TM, and seems it is not available in the used market.

PM me please!!

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Next time on the REAL Jigs,

I am all in for Potts, be a cool MV gathering, throw some meat on the grill, tell some stories and put the rubber to the trail.. Just the look of the civilians seeing these units on the trail would be fun, you should bring the SEE

You got it Tom, I hope to tear into it this weekend
Did you ever find the problem with your hand pump issue?

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are some big and long bolts for an FMTV CTIS wheel valve.
It's funny you mention that..I thought so to..but the part number matches..I will have to take a look

Nope. Still have to put fluid in hand pump to get the cab up..up it shall stay until I can get the timing cover replaced

Update on cover..while I sit here waiting for a deer to cross the hairs. I get a text message..part has been located..bummer cost me 750..oh well should be delivered friday or sat

Wish all our Vets a happy veterans day..we earned it

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice haul . Looks damn new!
Where did you dig that up from?
www.allpartsmachinery dot.com

I have no affiliation with this company, was recommended by a local CAT dealer as a place to source used parts. Painless parts request process, ultra quick ship, great communication, and as I mentioned, appears to be brand new.. just saying, thumbs up in my lil book

Last edited:

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy, has it really been since Nov 21 that I posted, sad seeing RTB sitting in the back 40, lacking attention

Finally getting some time to get some needed work done.. ordered up the gasket set for the front cover, found a NOS CAT set on fleabay. Going to start tearing it down this weekend, time consuming, but doesn't look to terrible.

Hope everyone is doing well, looks like I got some catch up to do

M1078MAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Spent a few hours today putting 2ea NOS CTIS wheel valve assemblies and aired up the two tires.. Looks much better, also spent some time on batteries, seems I need a new one, going to go to screw on terminals and new cables..1 looks like Mr Snow man attached part of his ask to the terminal.
20220912_134605.jpg20220912_134648.jpg

I also replaced the brake protection valve the one on the wet tank, TY to Shaun F/Abel and fleabay
Haldex 314013005 Air Brake Pressure Protection Valve

20220912_134708.jpg

With the weather, didn't get as much time to start on the front case, did eyeball it some more though.

Checked solar, and she is chugging away flawlessly

I am looking at a pile of parts, inverter charger, new water pump, new propane water heater, tie rod rubbers, cab mount bushings. Safety wise thinking about mounting the JP8 fired heater outside, reduce any concerns with exhaust

A cheap plug for my new 12x24 work shop, that took a few days to put the platform together
20220912_134744.jpg20220831_122158.jpg

Last edited:

Another Ahab

I am looking at a pile of parts, inverter charger, new water pump, new propane water heater, tie rod rubbers, cab mount bushings. Safety wise thinking about mounting the JP8 fired heater outside, reduce any concerns with exhaust
Now that is some good thinking:

- You might notice CO2 problems awake, but you sure won't notice them asleep

Except that you will sleep the big sleep, for a long L-O-N-G time!

:unsure::naner::unsure:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks