My 1971 Am General m109a3 RV build

peashooter

Today I Installed my nos air compressor filter and gasket. Also changed my coolant filter and after 500 miles the inside of the filter was mud! Glad I changed it. I'll continue changing it every 500 miles. See how much crap I can get out of the block.

Earlier in the week I changed my 9r20 ndt and put power king super traction HD 9r20s on the m105a2 to match the truck.

I also added some tire covers on the tires to keep the uv light off the brand new rubber. Got enough for the trailer as well. Gotta change the fuel filters and tighten the belts and the truck should be good for the 2021 season. Working on the inside of the box. Will show the updates of the inside soon.
Where did you find the large tire covers? They are a good idea to protect your investment from UV. Id like to find some that would go over 395’s without costing a ton

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you find the large tire covers? They are a good idea to protect your investment from UV. Id like to find some that would go over 395’s without costing a ton
I bought them from amazon. They are made by PMD products and are vinyl. They cover a 43" to 45" tire. For the 9r20 I have plenty of room to maneuver them. They were $40/pair but Def worth the money. They used a high quality material.

Last edited:

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You’re going to have a great package when you’re done! Really like the tires. I use some UV protection on my tires. It comes in a spray bottle. I’m hoping that it works...
Thanks Bill! It's a work in progress! First camping trip of the year is coming up in 2 wks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks