My 1971 Am General m109a3 RV build

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Truck in 3 days driving did 500 miles and didn't miss a beat. Very pleased with the trip. After getting home, today with my dad's help, installed the brand new radiator. Will send the old one out to be repaired and have a spare on hand. Also installed a new air compressor belt because there was some small cracks, figured while it was out to fix it now and also replaced the upper and lower radiator hoses.

Attachments

Last edited:

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a photo of the inside. I added a projector and screen to the wall and run a blu ray player with a bose Bluetooth speaker and it rocks inside the box. I got a portajohn which works quite well and store the kurig, microwave and the fans below the cabinets. Didn't have anything fall while driving. Plan next time is to move the coolers to the shelter and have more room to either add in some more cabinets or put a small bench to sit on. I'd also like to raise the refrigerator off the ground approx 2 feet and build a shelf to bolt the fridge to and use storage below it.

Attachments

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any ideas as to things I can add? I purchased a m1061a1 trailer from Scrounger before he passed, God rest his soul, and I was thinking a about towing the m1061a1 with the s250 and having a small deck on the back of the trailer to sit on or store a utv or atv. I know the weight of the m1061a1 is gonna be a concern. Anyone have any constructive criticism?

archmark

After Gettysburg, we went directly to Redball Military Vehicle Show in Gilbert, PA. Best show in the country hands down. Great people and food. Picked up a brand new radiator for Ole Smokey and got some small parts I was looking for. Here's some photos while at the show.
How are your tires holding up and are you happy with the size that you went with?

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How are your tires holding up and are you happy with the size that you went with?
Tires are holding up great! When I don't use the truck I cover them with the rv covers to protect from dry rot. They are a heavier ply and the radial helps overall with steering. I think they are 10 ply vs the 8 ply with the ndts. The size I'm happy with. I am approx 8500lbs over a m35a2 with the trailer and I can haul consistently at 52 to 55 and pulling hills I do well with. nuts. Larger tires would effect me towing in a negative way especially in the mountains.

Rhino 5/4

Tires are holding up great! When I don't use the truck I cover them with the rv covers to protect from dry rot. They are a heavier ply and the radial helps overall with steering. I think they are 10 ply vs the 8 ply with the ndts. The size I'm happy with. I am approx 8500lbs over a m35a2 with the trailer and I can haul consistently at 52 to 55 and pulling hills I do well with. nuts. Larger tires would effect me towing in a negative way especially in the mountains.
I love your truck. If I wasn't so deep in the M725 I'd consider moving up a notch to a duce. Well done sir.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After Gettysburg, we went directly to Redball Military Vehicle Show in Gilbert, PA. Best show in the country hands down. Great people and food. Picked up a brand new radiator for Ole Smokey and got some small parts I was looking for. Here's some photos while at the show.
Good on you for finding a new rad. Methinks your rad leak was high up if it only bubbles when the truck is shut off. The rad is easy to repair (and worth repairing, given the prices of NOS or even good takeout ones).

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good on you for finding a new rad. Methinks your rad leak was high up if it only bubbles when the truck is shut off. The rad is easy to repair (and worth repairing, given the prices of NOS or even good takeout ones).
Thank you for the advice. I'll Def have it repaired.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks