My 1971 Am General m109a3 RV build

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

archmark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the compliment!

You could do that but diamond plate would be expensive with the rhinoliner. But it could be doable. It might not be comfortable to walk on with bare feet. As long as the floor is sealed up nicely with paint and the Mats protect the wood, it should be ok. It would be up to you what you want.
Sounds like the way to go. Thanks for the info...

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have the outside bead/soda blasted or just hand sanded? What primer did you use, with an airless?
I used an orbital sander for the hood, doors, outside of box. I didn't need to soda blast at all luckily. On the frame and underside of box I used a wire wheel to take off all the rust and old paint. On areas when using bedliner, I didn't smooth the surface. The bedliner will fill imperfections in the paint so as long as you get rid of the old stuff, bedliner will stick. I used alot of rusteloum primer in cans because of ease of applying in tight areas. Always has worked well for me. When I paint larger surfaces I used an electric hlvp sprayer or rattle cans.

archmark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used an orbital sander for the hood, doors, outside of box. I didn't need to soda blast at all luckily. On the frame and underside of box I used a wire wheel to take off all the rust and old paint. On areas when using bedliner, I didn't smooth the surface. The bedliner will fill imperfections in the paint so as long as you get rid of the old stuff, bedliner will stick. I used alot of rusteloum primer in cans because of ease of applying in tight areas. Always has worked well for me. When I paint larger surfaces I used an electric hlvp sprayer or rattle cans.
Thanks for the info. All your hard work is sure paying off in a fantastic build!!!

muthkw25

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the info. All your hard work is sure paying off in a fantastic build!!!
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words. Plan is to finish up the inside and get one last coat of paint on the van box outside and install the pyrometer. Then I gotta paint the trailer to match. More photos soon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks