• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

Automatic Air Drain Valve, 281923 DV-2

Automatic air drain valve lets out water from air tank(s) without the driver having to operate any valves or switches. Has a manual drain control built in to override automatic function. Will not clog from small debris in tanks (bits of rust etc). Compatible with all commercial trucks with air brakes as well as Military trucks with air over hydraulic systems (M35, M54, M813, etc) and M923 w/ air brakes. Drain valve has 3/8 inch ports and a 3/8 to 1/4 inch adapter pre-installed.

Automatic Air Drain Valve, 281923 DV-2

jbingvtx

Rob I looked at the title of this thread again and realized...most people would have called it finished a long time ago. You keep making it better!! I like the tool rack there, the highlift mounted on the bedside is really cool! You keep pulling out more details and I'm beginning to think that you will never stop adding accents to this truck. You have some great ideas and the skills to make them reality. By far the best bobber I have ever seen! I enjoy getting the new post notices on this thread just to see what crazy cool idea you added. Keep it up...don't ever call it done.

robr

Rob I looked at the title of this thread again and realized...most people would have called it finished a long time ago. You keep making it better!! I like the tool rack there, the highlift mounted on the bedside is really cool! You keep pulling out more details and I'm beginning to think that you will never stop adding accents to this truck. You have some great ideas and the skills to make them reality. By far the best bobber I have ever seen! I enjoy getting the new post notices on this thread just to see what crazy cool idea you added. Keep it up...don't ever call it done.
thanks you
everyone's feedback is what keeps me going well that and I lost my mind :cookoo:

lol is crazy a skill if so I have it mastered

robr

very nice but your going to leave your tail lights in the first bad spot you come to.cut them into the bumper and put a pipe around them at the least
I dont like tail lights in bumpers so I went this route

the new tail light brackets that I made have quick release pins and there is extra cable under the truck I also made magnetic mounts
so pull the pins move the tail lights to the magnetic mounts pin them in and I can move them up out of the way and still have tail lights

good idea almost. lol i did the same thing but bad bumps knocked the magnet loose and i draged my fancy lights down the trail for a couple of miles . they wernt near as pretty after that .well the one that was left wasnt as pretty anyway .another thing we have is wet snow it piles up on any wires you have loose ang gets to weigh an amazing ammount . my wires are all inside old hyd hose now no more wories about them being pulled loose by brush or snow.

Last edited:

robr

good idea almost. lol i did the same thing but bad bumps knocked the magnet loose and i draged my fancy lights down the trail for a couple of miles . they wernt near as pretty after that .well the one that was left wasnt as pretty anyway .another thing we have is wet snow it piles up on any wires you have loose ang gets to weigh an amazing ammount . my wires are all inside old hyd hose now no more wories about them being pulled loose by brush or snow.
I should not have a problem with the magnets coming off as they are 24volt electromagnets made to hold down steel as it is being cnc machined I could not knock off the test mount with a 5lb hammer ( you got to love Boeing surplus )

good Idea on the hose I was thing of doing something similar

hi-revr

Great work, I love overkill and detail. I am so new to MV's I'm short on suggestions but spent many years restoring cars and lately tractors. On the badge.....how about skeletonizing the logo and/or stylizing it a little? Maybe a retro look if there is such a thing. Stailess steel with a brushed finish?

For the wiring cover someone mentioned old hydraulic hose. I have a unique solution for you. The distributor that takes care of Boeing Wichita is Hyspeco, they are a Parker distributor. Probably in the maintenance area there will be reels of push-lok hose for air, if not they could get it for you. Look for 801 hose. It comes in six colors one of which is grey. It weighs much less than hydraulic hose, much more flexible, and the rubber compound used for the cover will last years longer than hydraulic hose.

robr

painted & installed Glove box to get ready for the dash overlay

painted & Installed LED tail lights

painted front LED turn signal

adjusted fog lights & Headlights

Attachments

hi-revr

No, It is Nylon braided and easily cuts with a knife. The cleanest way to cut it is with one of those guillatine style cutters at Sears or Home Depot. It looks like a Robogrip plier with a diamond shaped blade in the middle. Here are the clamps for the hose.(if pic shows up)

Attachments

hi-revr

painted & installed Glove box to get ready for the dash overlay

painted & Installed LED tail lights

painted front LED turn signal

adjusted fog lights & Headlights

Have you posted pics of your 6x6 ATV??????

Is it possible for you to post a video on youtube with a walk-around of you truck?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks