• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

roady

Robr,

That is one nice looking truck. What paint did you use on it and how much body work did you have to do? My Deuce is tan right now but is green where the tan is coming off. I thought about going back to green but I really like the way your truck turned out.

robr

I liked Rust-Oleum’s Dark Taupe satin so I had it color matched It matches prefect so I can touch it up with a rattle can
the green is Rust-Oleum’s Camouflage Ultra Flat Camo Deep Forest Green
it took about 20 hrs of body work

robr

Have you posted pics of your 6x6 ATV??????

Is it possible for you to post a video on youtube with a walk-around of you truck?

here is a walk around of the truck

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrJLHXodqD8[/media]

I also got the front LED turn signals installed

Attachments

roady

Very nice. I like the tan with the green acc. here and there. I asked you earlier about the paint and you said you matched the Rustolem satin tan paint. So what type of paint did you use and did you have to add a satin clear coat or did the paint come out that way? Also what type of spray gun was used? Sorry for the Newbie questions but I dont know much about the painting process.

robr

Very nice. I like the tan with the green acc. here and there. I asked you earlier about the paint and you said you matched the Rustolem satin tan paint. So what type of paint did you use and did you have to add a satin clear coat or did the paint come out that way? Also what type of spray gun was used? Sorry for the Newbie questions but I dont know much about the painting process.
I will have to look I just went to the paint store and said I want a one stage satin in this color and they set me up so no clear coat as far as the gun it was just a cheap Harbor Freight gun they work great for flat or satin they suck for gloss or clear coat

nice id like to put a 15000 warn under the rear of mine as i have the pto winch on the front and i have a 2000 lb winch hooked to the headache rack of my welding truck (and an 8000 lb warn on the front) so i can pull things around that im working on its a great timesaver and backsaver . another thing i have is one of those portable boat winches when double lined it pulls pretty good . i made adapting plates so i can hook it to other things beside your trailer ball.oh ya i bought 50 ft of heavy ext cord and put the winch hook up ends on that thats a lot nicer.

Last edited:

robr

I thought about making a 4" receiver for the front and back and making the winch mount were I could use the big winch on the front or back with a quick connect plug for the power my hummer is setup this way just with a 2" receiver and it as come in really handy

yes my brother has that set up with an 8500 lb winch he used the
welding cable quick connects and ran welding cable through the frame of his truck so its protected . he keeps his winch in a locked waterproof aluminum box in the bed of his truck and hooks it up as needed. a lot easier on his front end that way. maybe it would be better to set up dual pull points one on each side of the winch could still go with 2x2 x250 wall tubing then.just go to a welding shop and buy .240 slip fit tubing thats the same size as the reciever tube on your hidden hitches . and you can have it as long as you need it then.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks