• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My Bobbed Deuce is almost done

robr

the 1st headlight upgrade I used is on page 4 of this thread which works great and I will use them in my other Deuce ( 1st picture )

i just got a good deal on these 24 volt LED Headlights so I switched them out ( second picture )

here is some info on the LED Headlights

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The US Military has acquired more than 100,000 Truck-Lite 24 volt 7” round LED Headlamps since the release in 2007 for use on both new and existing wheeled and tracked vehicles in Iraq and Afghanistan. After passing rigorous testing and design improvements through corporate laboratory and field studies, Truck-Lite’s 24v launch is currently active on a number of military vehicles. The LED Headlamps have also undergone extreme weather testing at military installations in Panama, Arizona and Alaska with exceptional results!

The 7” round white LED Headlamps meet or exceed all applicable Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements pertaining to headlights, one of the most difficult standards to achieve. Truck-Lite has been able to successfully develop a perfect blend of thermal management and light output to produce an aesthetically pleasing beam pattern through innovative precision optics.[/FONT]

Attachments

Last edited:

rebel_raider

Wow! What an awesome build. Like has been said before, there are so many ideas here. You mentioned earlier about making the gauge panel angle toward the driver for better visibility. I have thought about modifying mine somehow to better see the gauges. Would be interested to see what you come up with. Again, fantastic job!

ChevyFan1207

That truck is awesome. I would drive that thing daily, everywhere. A+ build. The sliding rear window is great. I used my sliding rear window in my Chevy pick every time I drove in it. That is one of the things I love about the M1009 (rear window rolls down). Also, the shovel & ax looks awesome. Where did you pick those up (if you don't mind me asking)? Also your eye for detail is insane. Everything matches down to the fog light covers. Great work. :-D

robr

That truck is awesome. I would drive that thing daily, everywhere. A+ build. The sliding rear window is great. I used my sliding rear window in my Chevy pick every time I drove in it. That is one of the things I love about the M1009 (rear window rolls down). Also, the shovel & ax looks awesome. Where did you pick those up (if you don't mind me asking)? Also your eye for detail is insane. Everything matches down to the fog light covers. Great work. :-D
Thank You

shovel & axe came from TrueValue then I painted them and put 4 layers of aircraft grade Ceracoat (a clear Ceramic Coating ) so the paint wont chip off

lol insane eye for detail is a must when you build interior parts for private aircraft ;-)

butter551

your bob looks great. fantastic job.. if you dont mind do you have any center console pictures. i want to do something simliar with mine but trying to get ideas thanks in advance...

robr

your bob looks great. fantastic job.. if you don't mind do you have any center console pictures. i want to do something similar with mine but trying to get ideas thanks in advance...
thank you

the center console
I had the whole cab carpeted so I could do it last
The center console will have my Kenwood / Garmin Radio GPS unit mounted in it
I also need to get my new A/C Heater unit as it mounts on the back of the cab wall so that will need to go into the design
but as soon as I get it design in Catia I will post it

Attachments

robr

I got my new gauges today but one of them was wrong so I have to wait for a Fuel Gauge
but I had to see how it looked together so I put in the extra Temp gauge

what do you guys think

Attachments

Rob, that Visionaire seems to be the best option for a Heater AC combo. It looks simple compact and a clean installation. I do not see alot people suggesting those on here. Is this your first use of that unit? Does it work like a heat pump? How many greenbacks will it set you back? You project is all inspiring and came out great. Make me look forward to my project. Griff

robr

it just came out and is getting great reviews from truck drivers

here is the info from Visionaire salesman

I think your best bet would be to go with a radiator mounted condenser, and the 4050 Heat/Cool evaporator on the inside. I have attached a spec sheet on the 4050. Double check the width to make sure it would fit between your seats.

I have two generic condenser that would match up with the 4050. The larger one is 20”T x 30” W x ¾” Thick. The smaller one is 15 ½”T x 30” W x ¾” Thick. Obviously I would like to use the larger coil for the increase in cooling capacity.
have two generic condenser that would match up with the 4050. The larger one is 20”T x 30” W x ¾” Thick. The smaller one is 15 ½”T x 30” W x ¾” Thick. Obviously I would like to use the larger coil for the increase in cooling capacity.

Your price on a kit that would include everything but the compressor mount is approximately $1,300 if we used the smaller condenser to $1,425 if we used the larger coil.

robr

Im going to use a red dot on my M35 tractor I will pm you when I get it in about month
but this truck I want a little cleaner look

dm22630

Im going to use a red dot on my M35 tractor I will pm you when I get it in about month
but this truck I want a little cleaner look

Sounds good!

Also.....can you post more pics & a step-by-step w/parts #s for the remote master cylinder reserve? That is definitely one of the safest upgrades anyone can do one these trucks!

robr

Sounds good!

Also.....can you post more pics & a step-by-step w/parts #s for the remote master cylinder reserve? That is definitely one of the safest upgrades anyone can do one these trucks!
I found the upgrade in a post I cant find it but here is the pdf instructions with the parts you need
and I got my parts from

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/

Attachments

robr

I got a few thing done today

I installed jatonka primary fuel adapter with filter, secondary fuel adapter kit with 2 filters, & oil filter adapter kit with 2 filters very slick setup I highly recommend his adapters
thanks John

installed auto drains on both air tanks no more crawling under the truck

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks