• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My cucv lift

OL AG '89

Nice looking truck.
I did the 4" kit under mine I left the guys at 4wheel parts do the tough stuff..... Really glad I did, after last weeks rain. I was thinkin I was gonna have to rescue the neighbors after they tried to drive their B'mers and mercedes through the 3 foot puddles....
Sat by the phone eagerly waiting....
I put 33 x 12.5 x 15's on mine.....
I really like the improvement....
Not looking to go crazy in the deep stuff, but want to give it a more functional stance as needed.......

What scared your truck so much to make it jump like that? :jumpin:

Cucvnut

Its Scared of getting hit by rocks so it moves over them :driver:

It was fun doing it with friends. did you do a shackle flip in the rear ?

aboonski

That's just AMAZING!

I really like the look of your truck after lifting. There are so many different companies and so many different ways to lift a truck. I just have to look over all of the threads on the subject and go from there. My main concern would be the H1 tires rubbing on the inside of the fenders or chewing into them when off roading. My truck is still 100% stock and I need to get moving on the lift!

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I too am using the lift kits from ORD (Off Road Design) in Carbondale, CO Offroad Design - Fullsize Chevy GM 4x4 Suspensions, Parts and Performance . I have been lifting GM GM trucks since 1972 and can attest from experience that the folks at ORD are the industry leaders. Their rear shakle flip kit provides the rear lift while keeping the axle closely attached to the springs, which is stronger than using blocks and longer U-bolts. In addition to providing the rear lift, the shackle flip kit also results in a pinion angle improvement in the rear drive shaft. They also offer new grease-able bushings for front & rear springs to eliminate the "squeak" when flexing.

Hope this helps.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry for my mistake. Which springs did you use? Also, do you plan to use the sway bar, or abandon it completely?

Thanks.

Cucvnut

I used some old 4 inch springs i had laying around and a zero rate. as for the sway bar its living the rest of its life in a recycle bin.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am considering abandoning my sway bar too. Can you notice any difference in the steering or stability without it?

Meen Green

Your truck looks awesome! I was wondering if you have had any contact btwn your x-over steering and the pass leaf spring, since you are running zero rates in the front.

Cucvnut

I would hit if i have my if i had high steer set up ( which i will do when i put 52's up front) but with just the stock cross over i have no contact between my leaf spring and my xover steering.

Last edited:

12vctd

great lift, I see you plan on 52's on the front you'll love them, and then you can really flex it out. Unless you really want to go crazy and run ford 57's in the front I loved mine till one day in jellico I ended up with a S shaped spring, thats the day I decided to go to rockwells and coil overs(which btw I will never run again). Do you have any future plans on rear suspension?

Cucvnut

yea I am going to replace the stock springs with better ones the rears have flattened out some. also I am move the shock mounts to on top of the axle i learned on the Rubicon that the mounts need to be on top of the axle.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks