• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m35 purchase

No Rusty watched Full metal Jacket too many times my father was a marine in Vietnam.I just added my spin on it.I have so much into this truck it definitely has become a big part of me.I have been all out at getting it ready I will have more pics for ya tomorrow.

I did want to ask your opinion on the auto style lockers not the air.I was looking at the grizzly lockers did some research online and it seems if its a heavy vehicle and not a short wheel base I.e. a jeep I should be OK as far as handling and lay off the throttle in turns what do you think?

rustystud

I did want to ask your opinion on the auto style lockers not the air.I was looking at the grizzly lockers did some research online and it seems if its a heavy vehicle and not a short wheel base I.e. a jeep I should be OK as far as handling and lay off the throttle in turns what do you think?
The Grizzly lockers are basically "Detroit lockers" meaning their a ratchet style locker. Their good no doubt about it. I just prefer the air-lockers myself as you have total control and real total lockup like a "spool" . In a truck the size of the deuce you shouldn't feel any difference in turns, but just remember that the axles WILL feel a difference. So yes if you keep your foot out of the throttle on turns they should be fine.

I haven't had a chance to go over the trailer yet and not sure of the make or model,but I will start going through it tomorrow.I will need to install a drop hitch.I was planning on it anyway.

On another note I had to make a smaller fan spacer I just cut the center out of my old fan worked perfectly. I got her legal and ran a few loads of tin to the scrapper.I also took my bench seat out and put my other driver seat in.I still have more to do and have this trailer to fix up now.I have been playing with a lot of ideas.The truck has been running very well.My son is still trying to get use to all the people taking pictures,but non the less he's very proud of the work we put into it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks