• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m35 purchase

Oh ya Rusty been working mine and my family's hind ends off, and a big Thanks to everyone for all the help still have painting and priming to do as well as bolts and brackets and a lot of little thing to finish up. I want to take my family to an SS rally very soon my 11 year old son has been the biggest help so I hope this will all be worth it.

Summit racing its almost 19" in diameter you all need a spacer too.Its around 25$ for the fan a great upgrade not to mention it only weighs a few Ozs vs 10lbs multiplied by the rotating mass.

If there is a need for it I will post a how to on a dual voltage alternator install.There was only one or two threads on this type of dual voltage alternator and no clear info on the install. I all get some pics today of engine compartment and of the fan spacer.I had to cut the one I bought but this will save y'all the trouble I had.

Attachments

Last edited:
Well guys I've been getting everything mounted up and casings on my wires and zip ties.I was getting air in my fuel lines and found out my fuel filter drain screws needed tightened a little tighter.I used my Block heater She fired up first bump after sitting almost 2 weeks my idle went up too bump up the fuel a bit before and was still only at 750rpm to maybe 800rpm after I fixed it she's at 900rpm at idle.I got my wiring supplies today and will be back at it again tomorrow.So happy she runs like a sewing machine.I will have to replace my front seals and boots as well as my winch seals.Its going well one thing at a time.

RAYZER

That's one nice looking Truck, you've done a good job!
I like the look of the air filter canister, is that off of a 5 ton multifuel? Is the filter element larger than the stock m35a2 element?
You must be excited it's close to being back on the road!

Yes its larger and from the multi 5ton and has the precleaner from Donaldson.I am Shooting for next month to be road worthy.I will do the winch and front axle seals and boots as soon as I can find them at a good price and as I can afford it I will not be tearing her up or beating her up to bad offroad especially not in deep water till front seals are replaced my dad was a Vietnam vet he passed in 2013 and my step dad was a truck driver in the army for 18 years,he loves watching it progress he also gives me a hand when he can and good advice he drove the HETs in Egypt and Germany I think told me some cool stories about hauling the Abrams tanks so the vets family and strangers alike make the effort so worth it.

Well have a few things left to finish up on my truck.I need to find some star stencils for the hood and doors.I looked online but couldn't find the correct size for the hood,any leads or info would be helpful.

I also forgot I am also looking for wiper blades for the electric wipers they also are on the 939 series trucks 14" also the plastic knob for the switch and a new 3 lever light switch because of the short I had and a mirror possibly 2, any leads would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well have a few things left to finish up on my truck.I need to find some star stencils for the hood and doors.I looked online but couldn't find the correct size for the hood,any leads or info would be helpful.
Try Dave at http://www.deltateamdecals.com/ He should have what you need unless you need something peculiar in which case, he can make it!

OK guys I ordered my star stencils for doors and hood.I also purchased 2 mrap mirrors Napa wiper blades for A3 electric wipers the correct pulley for alternator no issues with stock pulley redrill just my preference. I will also be installing a solorgizer charger and locking door handles.I still have some frame priming and painting to do as well as some body paint coats to finish and a new power wire for my horn.I will get pics soon guys hope to go to GA rally with my family.

daytonatrbo

Holy cow.

For some reason I just read this whole thread. Was this a bunch of threads that got merged? First couple pages confused the crap outta me. What a ride!

Anyway, great work over the last few years. Very cool truck you've ended up with.

This is my truck there are many like it but this one is mine,without me my truck is useless without my truck I am useless.Lol Thank you to all the SS members family and friends who helped make this possible.

Well guys as some of you know I don't have a lot of money and well I had an ad up here for new clutch assembly for a 5 ton. I met with the man gave him a c turbo that needed rebuilt and the clutch assembly as part if a trade deal said he d be back in 6 weeks to finish paying me the 340$ bill that was owed well its been over 4 months and one excuse after another as to why he can't pay or bring the parts he owes.I am now out said money and very frustrated he came here in a Lexus guess that's why he has one.I have to chalk this up to a hard life lesson learned.

I have my Mrap mirrors, solargizer, correct pulley and stencils on the way locking door handles will be ordered tomorrow.I apologize for the rant above but the parts I sell fund my truck, just get upset with things like this.

OK fellas I got the stencil work done.I have one pic I'll post I'll get more tomorrow hopefully been busy getting everything ready to hopefully get my truck legal this week woow finding an insurance carrier in Fl nothing like PA. I also took the passenger bench seat out and installed my other driver seat needed the space.I installed some 6x9 speakers in the cab corners and a single 12" subwoofer all Kenwood.I am no paint and body guy by no means,but got everything almost done also installed the Mrap mirrors on my stock frames.

Attachments