• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m35 purchase

BSutter

Photos page (3)

This will end the photo collection. I did not document the installation of the replacement engine, darkness and rain pushed priorities away from photos.
We did meet our objective, more or less.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Lots of breaks due to rain and wasps really slowed the progress. Thanks for the help Bill, we could not have completed said task without your help.

Pics are nice too!

BSutter

Thanks gimpyrobb,

All images resized to 640x480, I think that size is preferred here to be compact.
If I can use larger images I will, the 640x480 makes sense to me.

That is all.

Well guys my truck will be home soon have another engine lined up and a big yard to work on it now. I also plan on extending the cab not into a crew cab as that's not a look I care for. Its been a rough year but things have gotten a lot better as the year comes to a close.My kids had a great Christmas and my miss and I are back together and finally gonna get married this next year after 13 years.

I forgot to mention I am also adding dual exhaust stacks a dual voltage alternator and a 3rd battery lots of things in the works hopefully by the end of next month again thanks for all the help along the way and happy holidays to all.

It was bad beforehand but I definitely got to know my my truck quite intimately and gained a lot of knowledge from the experience.I bought another LDS from a bridge truck that only has ten hrs on it since it was rebuilt the company bought the engine rebuilt from a dealer put it in the truck and because of its width had to have permits to drive it on the highway so the decision was made to pull the engine and scrap the truck.

Well been doing a lot of work on my truck non stop since I had it hauled home. I will have a lot of pics for y'all when its finished. She's up and running again with a 0 hour lds465 I bought in container. I all have a write up with lots of pics soon.

rustystud

So you decide not to rebuild your old engine ? I guess it was a whole lot cheaper getting a crate engine anyway. Every rebuild I've done always had some unexpected expenses later on. The last engine for my chevy truck was a factory crate engine. This way no worries about added costs.

Yes it was cheaper the head was ruined #3 piston I believe it was it was melted and the valve that dropped was in #2 piston ruining the head and that piston.I upgraded to a nylon fan bought an EGT gage and dual voltage alternator as well as new paint and fenders paint has been ongoing. I will have pics soon for y'all.

OK guys I have some pics of my progress on the truck so here ya go.

Attachments

I have done a heck of a lot of work so far in the past few months. I installed a dual voltage alternator nylon fan 5 ton air filter canister and precleaner EGT gauge marine stereo. The engine had 0 hrs rebuilt to standard specs received a mountain of manuals as well as the dyno results I have worked tirelessly on the the body and frame priming and painting New driver seat and cushions an amp and speakers electric wipers.I also installed a 2000w tank style block heater new hoses also have a new or rebuilt hydro pump on the shelf to add power steering.I also eliminated the j pipe and added a 5" stack with a muffler inside it I fabbed up and a flapper.I hope to finish paint and most if not all the rest of the work hopefully by next month.I still need to do front axle seals and boots.

Last edited: