• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

my first m35 purchase

gunboy1656

If I have not said it before, welcome. I am only a couple hours SW of you

Before really hunting for a truck figure out ALL the options you want on your truck. Like hard top /soft top, with or without winch and so on. Then hunt around for the truck that strikes you the most.

How good are you at mechanic work? If not mech inclined then I would buy from a private seller.

Thanks guys im taking all the stuff I read on here to heart. I saw a fella had a number of them on here for 2500.00 wanted to see if he was good to deal with lives in MD which is great for me I will be bringing tools needed fluids filters grease gun and a hopfully a hard copy of the manual and anything else like flares n such will be reading manual once I can download or get a hard copy and hopfully have some friends on stand by plus more reading on here. Rather deal privately not though a business.
Thanks guys
P.S. sorry no keyboard

91W350

That is a whole lot of push for a guy that is not ready to buy until tax time. The market is probably going to change a lot by then. I have noticed them going up steadily the last few months as the numbers available decline.

I am not knocking your methodology, but to post that many times that you are wanting to buy a deuce six months from now seems like you have the cart ahead of the horse.

If you can, go look at a few, drive a few, and try to get familiar with the trucks. If you were closer, I would give you some hands on time in one of my trucks. If you are looking for power steering, you might as well chase an A3, very few A2s have it and the units are approaching 2,000 dollars now for an air assist kit.

I sent you some prices on trucks that have been depot overhauled, you can look through them and see all sorts of signs of being overhauled. From new radiators to stickers on the drive shafts, new windshield frames to rebuild tags on the differentials. Most were just converted to air shift cases.

Look long and hard at what you buy, a couple of coats of paint is a lot cheaper than mechanics. We have some great guys here with vast knowledge and experience. The deuce is probably the most sought after and most talked about trucks in the forum. Glen

I am still looking around for dueces looks like I ll need one with a winch. By the end of January the way its looking I ll be ready to make my purchase so i m on the ready.Hoping i can put a deposit down before D day Happy holidays to all.

Last edited:

littlebob

If my car and guns get sold it'll be sooner. I'm still very excited, sorry for all the fuss guys. Trying to get as much lined up as I can. Money talks,BS walks and I'm a little DISCOMBOBULATED today. Once I get all my ducks in a row I'll be good to go. Ya'll can change thread title if that will help don't mean to misinform.
Good luck on your quest. I wouldn't get rid of guns to finance it though.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can also use the " edit " button in the lower right hand corner of your post to add information to your last post . Instead of adding five more posts every 3 minutes , it will keep the thread more readable . Like you did with posts 3 through 8 of this thread.

Last edited:
On another note if someone in or around my area who has one that I could get some drive time in would greatly help me also. It would be worth a dueces wieght in gold for the knowledge and experience and my son would definitely enjoy the experience.:beer: Knowledge is Power and Knowing is Half the Battle

Last edited:
I wanted to get in contact with an administrator to see how i could pay the fee associated with posting an official want ad on this site and need to know how i can edit thread title Thanks.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wanted to get in contact with an administrator to see how i could pay the fee associated with posting an official want ad on this site and need to know how i can edit thread title Thanks.
to upgrade your membership.Go to the resources button on the toolbar at the top of every page , then click on upgrade to premium membership follow instuctions.

I am looking into possibly purchasing a duece or a 5 ton really been looking at the m818 id like to get one that has or can be swapped for an LDS I want the multi fuel engine especially for a G.T.H.O.O.D senario im keeping my options open thanks porky for the info ill have to get on a computer tomorrow cause I cant use this it wont work but I ll have it paid tomorrow thank you again. 4 to 6 weeks maybe less cant wait getting into ready mode.I would like to find an MV close to home but I will travel if that is the case.

Last edited:
My MV will have a good home but still it needs to be ready for work if the occasion arises dont want just a toy so please dont offer one if you want your MV to go to a collector/toy owner Im disabled trying to get back to work and stand on my own two feet and make my own living. QOUTE Its all in how you choose to go out either on your knees or standing and fighting.

I was finally able to get my membership upgraded on here so I posted my offical want add ive decided to go with an m35a2. I ve been looking at a few if someone can offer input on those or have any for sale Id love to here from you I really wish I had someone to go look at these with me trhat knows more than I do about these I have pics of two I found and any and all input is greatly accepted and and appreciated.

Last edited:
I finally bought my first duece it has hard top AM General w/w heater tarp and bows bought in Copmish MI heading home with it tomorrow mr Myers was absolutly amazing to deal with sent me home with alot of stuff so I hope the trip home will be good and safe.He has alot of trucks and parts and an awsome thrift shop. Gave me a brand new coolant fuel heater too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks