• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first multifuel?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
there's a scrap yard of deuces in Lake City, florida, with weeds like that all over them. I think it would be fun to take some time off to explore with a weed eater.
That would be a fun adventure. NOW would be the right time of the year to do that too. Not miserable hot and the daily "monsoons" with summer heating haven't started yet. I have been through there a lot on my way down to the big city of Branford many times - but I guess I wasn't looking for big green trucks - and I imagine they must be off the main roads.

XPLRNX2

No more post since a few month. How is your rebuilt going ?
Got some down time right now and have been perusing the forums. I've really enjoyed this particular post with all the documentation and pictures.

'Fox Trot' had made incredible progress with the restoration of this vehicle!! I hope that nothing has happened in his reality since it's been over two and a half months since he's posted!?

foxtrot

Hi there.
Reconstruction is stopping without warning.
I am sorry for that.
I assure you my motivation is intact for my 5 tons.
An opportunity presented itself to me and I took it.
I have just completed the reconstruction of three P4 light all-terrain vehicles for a single order, a challenge in three months.
They have just been delivered, I will be able to breathe.
The photo of the radiator and the month of April.
I just received the filters today but I still don't have a cylinder head.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hi there.
Reconstruction is stopping without warning.
I am sorry for that.
I assure you my motivation is intact for my 5 tons.
An opportunity presented itself to me and I took it.
I have just completed the reconstruction of three P4 light all-terrain vehicles for a single order, a challenge in three months.
They have just been delivered, I will be able to breathe.
The photo of the radiator and the month of April.
I just received the filters today but I still don't have a cylinder head.

Those P4's look mighty nice to me! Glad you got involved and hopefully made a buck in the process.

Parts for your 5-Ton look good too - that radiator in particular!

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are made by MICO corporation, and they are not cheap.
yes Mico makes them and i was referring to one being used in the 1980's in the '74 1800 -series Loadstar that ran away... The ones I recall in 1950's-1970's trucks were a lever-lock type with "Micro-Lock Corp" or "Micro Loc" or "Micro Lok" on the dash plate at the handle or lever, some were push-button. Perhaps I am remembering the tags wrong as "Micro," when it should be "Mico." Everyone I knew using them including myself referred to them as micro :unsure:
Now you have me doubting my memory of the dash tags !:ROFLMAO:

For those out there unfamiliar this particular subject, it was a dash-operated check valve plumbed into the main line of a single-circuit brake master cylinder and could work in trucks with or without boosters.. There were other models that would work with multi-circuit systems too. There were a few different types back in the day. Don't know what there is now, I am surprised to hear they are still available. Thank you, SDSG-G4 , I sure need one on this wrecker

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
yes Mico makes them and i was referring to one being used in the 1980's in a '74 1800 -series Loadstar .. The ones I recall in 1950's-1970's trucks were a lever-lock type with "Micro-Lock Corp" or "Micro Loc" or "Micro Lok" on the dash plate at the valve handle. Perhaps I am remembering the tags wrong as "Micro," when it should be "Mico." Everyone I knew using them including myself referred to them as micro :unsure: Now you have me doubting my memory of the dash tags !:ROFLMAO:

For those out there unfamiliar this particular subject, it was a dash-operated check valve plumbed into the main line of a single-circuit brake master cylinder and could work in trucks with or without boosters.. There were other models that would work with multi-circuit systems too. There were a few different types back in the day. Don't know what there is now, I am surprised to hear they are still available. Thank you, SDSG-G4 , I sure need one on this wrecker
All the derricks we had plumbed with a pair of locks. One for the front brakes, one for the rear. Those things were amazingly simple and pretty much bulletproof too! Dump trucks and cargo trucks got one and of all the stupid things that can happen on a construction site - we never had a truck just "roll away".

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also the level wind on the winch is a wrecker thing.
True, as I don't recall seeing a M816 , M246, or M62 wrecker without one.. However, I have seen many level winders on engineer company M51's and M817's while I was still "in," about 70% did not have a level winder. Many years later, 3 dumps I obtained from DRMO's had level wind (all from different units) , but two did not... I have mixed feelings about them, i still need an extra pair of eyes to do a perfect rewind :rolleyes::hammer:

Last edited:

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
of all the stupid things that can happen on a construction site - we never had a truck just "roll away".
I believe it. The incident I mentioned was the only time I ever saw it happen. A fluid leak was determined to be the cause of the mico-brake release . Driver negligence was determined to be the cause of the runaway .. No chocks, e-brake not set, truck not in gear, parked unattended on a slight grade .. We were told it was left running because it wasn't charging .. We were also told by the people in the damaged office it made one helluva "BANG" when it hit... lol :ROFLMAO: .. of course it was not funny at the time, for anyone

Last edited:

bprzyw

yes Mico makes them and i was referring to one being used in the 1980's in a '74 1800 -series Loadstar .. The ones I recall in 1950's-1970's trucks were a lever-lock type with "Micro-Lock Corp" or "Micro Loc" or "Micro Lok" on the dash plate at the handle or lever, some were push-button. Perhaps I am remembering the tags wrong as "Micro," when it should be "Mico." Everyone I knew using them including myself referred to them as micro :unsure:

I always remember them as micro locks…..seen them fail…on a hill at a gas station…got crushed between the rollback and the telephone pole!

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes Mico makes them and i was referring to one being used in the 1980's in a '74 1800 -series Loadstar .. The ones I recall in 1950's-1970's trucks were a lever-lock type with "Micro-Lock Corp" or "Micro Loc" or "Micro Lok" on the dash plate at the handle or lever, some were push-button. Perhaps I am remembering the tags wrong as "Micro," when it should be "Mico." Everyone I knew using them including myself referred to them as micro :unsure:

That's all right, the TM's call them a 'micro' in the text, but in the parts manual, the device is listed as 'Mico". Go figure!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks