• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My first multifuel?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Seems that there are several different MICO and MICRO Brake Locks still available these days with a quick Web Search. I didn't find the type that we used back in 1983. Those were a machined aluminum piece that weighed in about 3 pounds or so with a handle on the front to activate it. Flip the lever up, press the brake peddle and the brakes were locked. I remember and electric activated version too with a push button on the dash. Very few of those were used by us - even on the bucket trucks (Hi-Ranger).

I snagged a picture... Definitely different than what we had - except for the actuating handle...

1659496270751.png

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seems that there are several different MICO and MICRO Brake Locks still available these days with a quick Web Search. I didn't find the type that we used back in 1983. ... Definitely different than what we had - except for the actuating handle...
I wonder if they come in semi-gloss ,OD type, 1 each .. :unsure::ROFLMAO:

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nope, just hurt!
i just noticed you have a 2020 .. I have a 2510 (that's a 3020 with a 2020 engine) plus a 4010-D, and my ladyfriend has a 2520 (that's a 3020 with a 2030 engine) .. All are good engines except hers has the infamous cracking at the top of the block around the cylinder liners .. Had any problem with yours?

foxtrot

After "Mico Brake Lock" here is "Brake Lock".
The cylinder head will arrive soon so I am preparing the electrical circuit.
I started by removing what has nothing to do there.
I've gone through the many technical manuals, I can't find a wiring diagram for this M39A2 (M543).
Maybe a few?

Micmada

So far, rather cumbersome power steering.
Which lubricant for OE/HDO 10?
I read, Dextron; Atf; Hydraulic oil etc...
I tried the NAPA power steering fluid and it does not work very well… might be too thin, the steering felt strange or seemed to have slight vibrations as a result. 10w hydraulic oil i I think is what is needed. https://www.uslube.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/pib-milspecG.pdf

Others say CAT10 oil is better but I am not sure how to find it.

bprzyw

i just noticed you have a 2020 .. I have a 2510 (that's a 3020 with a 2020 engine) plus a 4010-D, and my ladyfriend has a 2520 (that's a 3020 with a 2030 engine) .. All are good engines except hers has the infamous cracking at the top of the block around the cylinder liners .. Had any problem with yours?
Absolutely no issues whatsoever! I think the 2020/3020 series were built like tanks!

foxtrot

Absolutely no issues whatsoever! I think the 2020/3020 series were built like tanks!
off topic!
off topic!
I suggest you open a topic on a 2020.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks