• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My m1009 CUCV

Cleptomaniac

So I got a 1984 M1009 that i was told went to the Gulf War and then went on loan to the Dept of Agg. While their they put A/C in it :) So after driving north of DFW TX to get her the starter relay stuck and made for a long night. Any way I have done basic TMs and a few outher things.

Attachments

spartan_185

Congrats on the new rig. I also had a starter relay stick before on a previous 1009. My heart skipped a few beats before I could get the battery cables disconnected.

Cleptomaniac

I'll get some pics for you guys. It has aftermarket A/C.
Also have a 4" lift, new window run channels, and new window moldings that are going to be here tomorrow:)
I also have an appointment to get new exhaust on it today!

Cleptomaniac

Well my lift kit showed up today:) missing one spring pack:( but fed ex said it would be here tomorrow. I started putting the lift on and will get some pictures when it is finished.

101coolcars

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have installed several a/c setups on cucv, dont forget to tint the windows and install some insulation, the a/c just cant keep up with the heatload.2cents

Cleptomaniac

So I got the 4" lift and put it on today.... It is relllly tallll:-? Kinda having second thoughts.
Any way here are some pics first one is with just the back lifted. Second is complete.
35/12.5/15s are getting put on in the morning:drool:

Attachments

coyotegray

So I got the 4" lift and put it on today.... It is relllly tallll:-? Kinda having second thoughts.
Any way here are some pics first one is with just the back lifted. Second is complete.
35/12.5/15s are getting put on in the morning:drool:
Did you do it or have it done and if so who..?

After some photo analysis it looks like your parked at Bob Howard's Body Shop in Edmond...
:-D

Andy..

Last edited:

Cleptomaniac

I did the lift myself. And ye sit is at Bob Howard. I am working their and use the shop when I'm standing around:-D Their pretty cool about the "army trucks" sitting around:mrgreen: I got the lift from J C Whitney for a little over 300! But then I bought a bunch of outer stuff!! The only complant I have about the lift is the brake line relocation. I'm going to get extended brake lines!

Cleptomaniac

Ok got my tires!! Love em! Only prob is what do you do to level the thing? The back sits lower than the front!! New spring packs? I will post some pics tonight when I get home.