• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My M932a1 from Camp Shelby arrives !

rrrr

Well it made it home this morning. I decided to have it transported instead of driving the 650 miles. Cost me about $400 more but no hassles or worries. I did a quick check and it seams to be leaking coolant from the heater core. That will be top on the list to fix. I need to see if I can just shut off coolant going to the system so I can pull it and take it to a radiator shop for checkout/fix. The motor looks like it has new oil in it ! I will also check the axles, transmission and transfer case for proper fluid levels. Starts very easily.

Couldn't see if there is an alcohol evaporator for the air system. I would really like to add one if not.

The hand brake leaks air when in the off position ? I'm not sure how its suppose to work. The leak is in the left middle wheel/brake assembly somewhere. I do have the TM's but advice is always welcome !

The lights are a little intermittent and playing with the 3 lever light switch causes them to me intermittent so I'll order a new one. It doesn't feel crisp when I switch it.

The passenger floor area has some rust holes so I'll be doing some cutting and welding to patch there as well.

This is definitly different than my Deuce ! A whole new beast for sure.

I used Truckdeals.com, Walker Price was the guy and was excellent in setting up the transportation $2/mile

I will get some more pics up tomorrow, I've already done some cosemtic work on it as well.

Long productive day and very fun :smile:

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are not kidding about a new beast. Lots of unusual features such as the parking brake system. Can't wait to try out the antilock brakes on mine. Congrats and I am so glad this fine truck went to a good home.

sandcobra164

If by "air leaking" from the handbrake, that's normal. It sounds like an elephant sneezing out of the intake pipe right to the left of your head, just behind the cab. Light switch could be a culprit to the lighting issue. Coolant on the passenger floor, possible that the heater core is bad. Rusty holes in the floor, overzealous cleaning with too much water, and unless a Soldier did it, no drain holes in the cab floor lead to...... Nice truck however, I love the A2's.

Bighurt

It sounds like an elephant sneezing out of the intake pipe right to the left of your head, just behind the cab.
That's a pretty good description...threw me off the first couple times I did it as well. Thought someone was honking at me...till I set the brake in the middle of no where...

rrrr

That's a pretty good description...threw me off the first couple times I did it as well. Thought someone was honking at me...till I set the brake in the middle of no where...

I'm not sure if that is it. With the hand brake on the truck makes air pressure OK, not real fast. When I have it off I actually loose more air than the truck makes at idle ? My air warning stays on all the time even when the pressure reaches 110psi. I did find what looks like a loose pressure switch hanging under the dash in the 3 lever light switch area. That might be the pressure switch to turn off the warning. I just need to get into the tm's and see where it goes.

Bighurt

I'm not sure if that is it. With the hand brake on the truck makes air pressure OK, not real fast. When I have it off I actually loose more air than the truck makes at idle ? My air warning stays on all the time even when the pressure reaches 110psi. I did find what looks like a loose pressure switch hanging under the dash in the 3 lever light switch area. That might be the pressure switch to turn off the warning. I just need to get into the tm's and see where it goes.
The warning light for the brake engaged always stays on. Just a heads up so you don't go stir crazy the buzzer will always go off. The light for air pressure should go off at 65-70 PSI but the light for the brake and buzzer will stay on so long as it's applied.

rrrr

My low air pressure warning stays on all the time even when air pressure is at 110psi. I found a loose pressure switch attached to nothing that I think might be it. We'll see !

2buells

If by "air leaking" from the handbrake, that's normal. It sounds like an elephant sneezing out of the intake pipe right to the left of your head, just behind the cab.
On rrrr's truck he has a leak in the area of the brake chamber, (front tandem-driver side) only leaks when the parking brake is OFF.

His warning lights are on and buzzer sounds anytime the they have power if I remember correctly... Full air pressure and brakes off.

It was already a good looking truck and if he cleans this one up like his deuce it will be even nicer! (i secretly hope he doesn't so I'll have someone to play with off road!!!

I'll send you some Christmas Parade pics and some info on the radiator shops tomorrow Ray

rrrr

I think I might have found the solution to the low air warning issue. See that in another 5 ton post. Now I just need to get that parking brake air thing figured out. These trucks have a lot of safety features that tie into each other making trouble shooting even more difficult.

rrrr

warning module on order from white owl. 3 lever light switch on the way from Eriks military. Now I just need to get a heater core from Boyce, waiting on a return phone call to see if they have one. Also orderd some rapco paint to do some touch up. The passenger floor holes to fix will top of the list then. I have the weekend off right now so hopefully I can get it completed. Need to get my SF97 going so I can get it titled and licensed. As a 1985 its 26 years old and in Missouri you can get an antique plate at 25 years !

I'll need to get under the beast and check the axles and transfer case fluid level and also the transmission. Then she'll be road ready.

rrrr

Warning module replaced and got the system working with just one pressure switch on the primary tank. Have another pressure switch on order for the secondary tank.

The 3 lever light switch showed up today but too late so I'll install it tomorrow.

Did some cosemtic painting on the outside. I'll post some pics later.

rrrr

Ok, got all the little things done so she is road worthy. I need to find out about my slight air leak at the middle axle left wheel when the parking brake is released. When the brake is applied no issues. Here's some more pics as promised.

Attachments

MO MV man

Sweet truck!
Congratulations.

I gotta admit......the more I see 932's, the more I like 'em.
And as a tractor? By far, my favorite variation.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks