• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new 932A1 Acquisition and Conversion to 925A1 short bed.

bigboy44

215Dave, Thanks for the good comments, the more I look at it the more I like it. Yes last week was great, 43 years of marriage is a super milestone these days ( My poor Wife, don't know how she put up with me that long). Again Thanks

bigboy44

I got the drop sides cut down and set on the bed along with the tailgate. I have to remove them to finish welding the side up and prep them for paint. I will also remove the mud flaps and prep them also. The 383 Rapco should be here on Wednesday but I doubt I will have everything ready for paint by then. With the 4th coming Thursday I may take a break from the build.2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 001.jpg2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 006.jpg2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 007.jpg2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 002.jpg2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 003.jpg2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 004.jpg2013-06-30 Drop sides and tailgate 005.jpg

bigboy44

I got a little more done to the build! I ordered some Rapco Paint on June 29 and it is not here yet, due to the 4th I hope. I would have the sides painted by now if I had the paint. I did get the mud flaps and brackets painted and the drop sides primed and ready for paint, the spare tire clamp has been painted also. Tailgate will be next as soon as I make room for it, drop side need to be on the bed for some more room!DSC00365.jpgDSC00370.jpgDSC00371.jpgDSC00372.jpgDSC00366.jpgDSC00367.jpgDSC00368.jpgDSC00369.jpg

bigboy44

Looks like it's coming along pretty well.
Thanks Zev, it has been a long hard project for me but I am pleased with the way it is coming out. The weather has been though to deal with lately and my back has been giving me fits but I must keep going I will have plenty time to rest when they lay me down. Thanks Warren

bigboy44

I need a shop/tools like that. Looks good.
Tools I have a shop I need, this would be a good place to work if I didn't have so much stuff! Most of the stuff on the floors are for MV's so I can't get rid of them or even relocate them, that is too much trouble to get what you need when you need it. Thanks I need a bigger shop.

rrrr

The bigger shop; I agree, its never big enough. :D
I've been working on my WC52 for 2 1/2 years and its finally getting close, hang in there.

goldneagle

Tools I have a shop I need, this would be a good place to work if I didn't have so much stuff! Most of the stuff on the floors are for MV's so I can't get rid of them or even relocate them, that is too much trouble to get what you need when you need it. Thanks I need a bigger shop.
I have a nice 40 x 40 building for sale if you got the money.

bigboy44

The bigger shop; I agree, its never big enough. :D
I've been working on my WC52 for 2 1/2 years and its finally getting close, hang in there.
Hi Bud, too far gone to stop now! It is getting close! Waiting on paint now, I think I will try the Behr next time due to local pick up.

bigboy44

I have a nice 40 x 40 building for sale if you got the money.
Hi Bud, if I had the money I would buy it and add it to my shop but I don't see that happening unless I hit the lottery! If that were to happen your shop would be too small.(haha). You don't win if you don't play!

bigboy44

Behr Paint

Here are some pics of the bed and upper tool box painted with Behr Paint 383 and black substitute, I think they match very well. How do you match something that has been in the elements for years as opposed to new? The rear of the bed and mud flaps are 383 the headboard and top tool box are the black. The only thing I have to paint is the tailgate and find the pins that hold the drop sides on, I may have scrapped them.DSC00378.jpgDSC00379.jpgDSC00380.jpgDSC00381.jpgDSC00382.jpg

bigboy44

Still working on the build, T installed a spin on oil filter, put the drop sides and tailgate on! I still need to put some black on the tailgate and sides to finish the paint. I also need to put the spare tire back on. I want to install some bumperretts on the rear and put the original pins in the drop sides. After that I will have a better idea of what next!DSC00383.jpgDSC00387.jpgDSC00388.jpgDSC00384.jpgDSC00385.jpgDSC00386.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Warren,
That really came out nice, still sourcing parts to do something real similar, going to use a 12" Duece bed. Oil filter kit is a nice helpful mod, just put one on my 813, going to put on on 931 after I decide with one to keep.
Keep us informed
Joe C

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks