• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

goldneagle

I got the tank made! Still need to sand it and make some nice backer for it. (like a plaque) I made a triple stack of it, so I have 3 copies of it.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
I had an idea about how i can raise some money for the nurse that is battling cancer a 2nd time. I am thinking of directly raffling off a scroll art of an Abrams A1 tank. I purchased the plans for it on-line and it is 17 inches by 5-1/2 inches tall approx. I'll make it out of Poplar. Here is a picture of the template: I could use some help setting up the raffle....

Dont know how I could help set up the raffle from Germany, but if I can, will help.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Dont know how I could help set up the raffle from Germany, but if I can, will help.
I just found another idea. I sent email to their helpdesk asking questions not answered in their FYI pages.

Also found that " Due to New Jersey state law, online raffles from users in New Jersey are prohibited."
That isn't a problem for the three of us looking at the possibilities, but worth mentioning.

goldneagle

I got the plaque board fabricated today. Now I just need to paint or stain the background. I'm thinking of NATO Green or Olive Drab. What do you like? (These are 2 different ones. One is light color and the other is a bit greenish wood) I am hoping to be able to raffle both of them.

Attachments

goldneagle

It looks like interest in this thread has fizzled out. Unless I get some exposure with the general audience, there is not enough demand for a raffle. If anyone is interested in the Abrams plaque let me know. I have about 4 hours and $10 in materials. I will still donate whatever money I make on these plaques.

goldneagle

I like it!
Somehow finished wood just looks really good - Better than Paint.
Ye I really like how the colors of the different wood POP when I apply the clear coat. All the colors of the Indian motorcycle are natural wood colors. There are no colors added by staining. The wood species I used on it are: White Oak, Cherry, Walnut, Maple, Padauk, Purple Heart, and Pine dowels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks