• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new hobby: Wood military vehicles

goldneagle

Well I finally got the truck assembled. All that is left is final sanding and painting. Here are the updated pictures just then:

(the rubber band is to hold the doors on for the pictures. They will be glued on once I finish painting the inside of the cab)

Attachments

Last edited:

goldneagle

I see something different every time you post pictures.
This time the magic is the cable hook up front on the winch...
Really impressive work!
The hook is in the previous pictures but harder to see. I also added the pick behind the ax. I saw it in one picture during a google search that showed it disassembled to fit in the recessed area.

goldneagle

I had a busy day today so there was no progress in painting. While you are waiting for progress pictures i wanted to ask you (my fans) some questions. On future project, do you want to see all the phases of the future builds or just the final completed models? Does anyone want to see some non-military models? I am planning on building a 1937 Horch 853A automobile next.

goldneagle

Well I got the truck well on its way in paint. Ran short on paint. Waiting for more to arrive by Saturday. The doors are not on completely. I will install them permanently after final coat. Cab interior is done.

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well I got the truck well on its way in paint. Ran short on paint. Waiting for more to arrive by Saturday. The doors are not on completely. I will install them permanently after final coat. Cab interior is done.
I have to agree with @Soupermike and @silverstate55 ...

Seeing the complete build process really is neat.
There is a lot of work that goes into building these trucks!

67Beast

I downloaded some plans for building a Kaiser M-715. The designer took some artistic license and changed some of the features. I like building my models as close to military look as possible. I downloaded some pictures from the internet to help me modify the plans and come up with a much closer representation of the actual truck I could use some "walk around" pictures of a non-modified M-715 to help me with the details. If anyone can post some here I would appreciate. I will try to do the Kaiser M-715 some justice in my build. I am attaching a screen cap of the model he designed. You are welcome to point out any discrepancies in the design.
M715 pics you want, I have tons of mine, there are a bunch in the MV of the year thread from 2015 https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/steel-soldiers-mv-of-the-year-2015-vote-here.148697/ Or there are several on my decal website, http://www.deltateamdecals.com/m715---m37.html

goldneagle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks