• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New M35 tractor and trailer

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sweet! All you need is your TWIC card and you can come down here to the port and haul 20' containers . . .

bassetdeuce

Sweet! Did you make that tractor? I want to create something similiar, converting a standard M35A2 cargo to a tractor and I have a M818 fifth wheel plate lined up from pctrans. I just need to figure out how to mount that fifth wheel on the frame of the deuce.

Last edited:

Alredneck

Banned
Looking good, have my lil red tractor beat in the beauty department! But who doesnt like redheads!

robr

Sweet! Did you make that tractor? I want to create something similiar, converting a standard M35A2 cargo to a tractor and I have a fifth wheel plate lined up from pctrans. I just need to figure out how to mount that fifth wheel on the frame of the deuce.

this was a standard M35A2 got all the parts from a 5 ton here are the pics of how the truck and trailer started and the donor 5 ton

Attachments

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
My only worry is you have the spare tire rack backwards. Is there a reason you did that? Swapping tires to fix a flat may put you in harm's way with it like that.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M48 has the spare tire on the drivers side. It is totally opposite of the dumps. I had to modify the dump brackets ALOT to make mine work.:mrgreen:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saturn Surplus has inexpensive quarter fenders. Check out MACCUS's M48A2 build thread.

68t

Looks great. that a nice set up. i am looking for a ww2 trailer for my ww2 m426 5 ton. i got a ww2 trailer but it very short, can not haul my halftrack, to the parades.