• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New M35 tractor and trailer

yetti96

Ok 2.5 dumb questions, 1a) Why are so many guys infatuated with tractors? 1b) I see the trailer towing appeal, but what goes on that trailer, looks like a container of some sorts?
2) Is that a leaking brake in the 8th pic, or was it recently washed and there was still water dripping?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

robr

Ok 2.5 dumb questions, 1a) Why are so many guys infatuated with tractors? 1b) I see the trailer towing appeal, but what goes on that trailer, looks like a container of some sorts?
2) Is that a leaking brake in the 8th pic, or was it recently washed and there was still water dripping?
lol why not I have a m35a2 cargo, bobbed, and now a tractor still need a dump truck :)

I am using the tractor to haul 20 ft shipping containers to my land 60 acres in the mountains
brakes were just done it is break fluid from bleeding them

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My only worry is you have the spare tire rack backwards. Is there a reason you did that? Swapping tires to fix a flat may put you in harm's way with it like that.

That explains the reason later tractors had them on the passenger side.

Great Job! I was going to do this some time ago to a deuce but now that I have a m818 it's kind of redundent.

Viper350

After you trick out your tractor you should make a custom lowboy to haul the now famous bobbed Deuce around on. That way you don't have to choose which one to take on a ride. You can just take them both :).

armytruck63

I was always told you want to face the ring of a spare tire mounted behind the cab facing towards the trailer, just in case something bad happens. Will the spare fit in the mount this direction?

EDIT: Nevermind - I looked at the picture and saw that the tire is mounted in the correct direction. :doh:

Last edited:

robr

To answer yetti95's question. I use my tractor as a jeep in the mountains all the time. With the top off the visibility is fantastic. We go to the sub shop and grab some items and off we go. Strap a couple of lawn chairs to the deck and you are all set for a nice ride. Oh! ya Make sure you add a spring ride seat on the passengers side as it makes the real boss a lot better rider. In the pics the top is up because rain was forecast for the afternoon.
lol Maccus I cant get my wife to take a ride in my bobbed Deuce and it has air ride seats and carpet there is noway I will ever get her to ride in this truck

robr

wow hahahah whats your plans
I have no Clue yet maybe a Camper but I have 2 already and they started building my cabin this week on my Oklahoma Land so I really dont need another camper

Maybe a Mobile Shooting Blind that I can move to different spots for deer, pigs, and zombies :shock:
who knows what I will come up with lol

brianrbull

Please correct me if I am wrong, But I believe the 2 stacks you are reffering to are for the Fuel Burning Heaters in that expansible trailer. Or have you already modified it and installed a Genset?

robr

Please correct me if I am wrong, But I believe the 2 stacks you are reffering to are for the Fuel Burning Heaters in that expansible trailer. Or have you already modified it and installed a Genset?
yes you would be correct they were for the Fuel Burning heaters but they were missing so the guy I got it from modded it for the Genset