• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My New M35 tractor and trailer

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
In response to the comment about the attraction of tractors.....I have a little deuce M275 tractor and I love it. I saved it frome the clutches of a logger who had designs of using it to pull loaded log trailers out of the woods.

You can pull all types of trailers with it, flat, lowboy, dump (have to put a wet kit on), van....the possibilities are awesome.

In reference to having a lowboy ........if you take the expando body off it's trailer you can put a beaver tail on it and make a neat little lowboy out of it.

robr

In response to the comment about the attraction of tractors.....I have a little deuce M275 tractor and I love it. I saved it frome the clutches of a logger who had designs of using it to pull loaded log trailers out of the woods.

You can pull all types of trailers with it, flat, lowboy, dump (have to put a wet kit on), van....the possibilities are awesome.

In reference to having a lowboy ........if you take the expando body off it's trailer you can put a beaver tail on it and make a neat little lowboy out of it.

I have been playing with getting a lowboy to pull my bobbed Deuce
I think it would look pretty cool

rwbrown72

I have been playing with getting a lowboy to pull my bobbed Deuce
I think it would look pretty cool
Any ideas on wheel/tire combo on the tractor? Super singles might make it too tall for some of the smaller trailer. Any other ideas? Small radials?

Last edited:

robr

yes the data plate says 10k but the Military Flat tows deuces with a Deuce and so do most members and that is without trailer brakes or a 5th plate.
and that exceeds the 10K towed load shown on the data plate it is had to believe that a Deuce could not pull my H2 hummer on a trailer it also would be over max
and anyway Im not talking long trips or Highway speeds just taking it to local car shows and things like that

Last edited:

rwbrown72

yes the data plate says 10k but the Military Flat tows deuces with a Deuce and so do most members and that is without trailer brakes or a 5th plate.
and that exceeds the 10K towed load shown on the data plate it is had to believe that a Deuce could not pull my H2 hummer on a trailer it also would be over max
and anyway Im not talking long trips or Highway speeds just taking it to local car shows and things like that
I'm with you on the deuce being able to pull it. I was just thinking about what the other guy was saying. I would love to have a deuce tractor. I have an idea of converting an m35 to a tractor later this summer. Who knows, I might even grow some watermelons on the farm this year.... I'm feeling a little crazy!:shock:

jwaller

Maybe he is talking about the deuce having a max towing load of 10k.
ya. 10k load in the bed or on a pintle. my flatbed weights 18k empty so that combined with the deuce brakes being marginal when in 100% working condition it sounds to me like a idea best left to the drawing board.

I do like a deuce tractor but their usefulness is so limited it's almost pointless.

I wanted to do a bobbed tractor kinda like a day cab single axle but you couldn't hardly tow a dolly without being beyond its capability.

Remember that when you get stopped by the Dot and they start to look at what you have built it all comes back to what that dataplate shows. it's got nothing to do with what you have built and what you think it can do.

this might be the only legal thing you can tow with it

Attachments

Last edited:

rwbrown72

ya. 10k load in the bed or on a pintle. my flatbed weights 18k empty so that combined with the deuce brakes being marginal when in 100% working condition it sounds to me like a idea best left to the drawing board.

I do like a deuce tractor but their usefulness is so limited it's almost pointless.

I wanted to do a bobbed tractor kinda like a day cab single axle but you couldn't hardly tow a dolly without being beyond its capability.

Remember that when you get stopped by the Dot and they start to look at what you have built it all comes back to what that dataplate shows. it's got nothing to do with what you have built and what you think it can do.

this might be the only legal thing you can tow with it
I'm good with a small van. I just won one at Redstone. A small single axle flatbed to haul parts and stuff for the farm would be cool as well. Who knows, I might even go and get my CDL. Stranger things have happened.
:-D

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks