• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M923 A1

Rkrug

Replaced one of the diaphragms on the brake canister but it still leaks so it must be the non serviceable one inside, here are some pics on the project I am on now replacing the passenger side grease and oil seals in the axle, any one have a trick to getting the inner oil seal out? The TM is not very specific on how to get the old one out.
IMG_0810.jpgIMG_0811.jpgIMG_0812.jpgView attachment seal.pdf

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a bear to get out. I had to take the other side apart and hit it from the other side with a long bar.
I tried a bearing puller and it just would not brake free.
Maybe if you had a large puller it may come free.

Getting it back in is not much fun also.
Good luck.

Rkrug

How did you hook your bearing puller on to it? Im not too knowledgeable with them, but I'm sure my uncle probably has a big hydraulic one he'd let me use. I did have one other idea, I was going to try and weld a T hook to hook behind it and weld another hook on the other end of the tool and hook a pulling device on and try and pull it out that way. well see if that works this week end. New seals are supposed to get here tomorrow, went ahead and got 2 complete sets.

Rkrug

First attempt today was a fail with the chain hoist, was actually pulling the the tractor I had it chained to! Guess I'll have to see if I can find a hydraulic puller. Was also wondering how bad of an idea it would be to heat up the out side of the axle around the seal?

IMG_0819.jpgIMG_0820.jpgIMG_0821.jpg

Rkrug

Slide hammer is certainly the way to go! A few hits and it was out just wish getting the new one back in was quite as easy toke 30 minuets pounding around with the sledge to get it seated.

Rkrug

One i borrowed was missing the hooks so I just attached the square tube the hooks attach to and put it behind the seal and it came right out.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When I did my seals I used my side hammer and they did not move with it. I guess I needed a bigger hammer.

Rkrug

For anyone trying to install the frame extensions you will have to modify the brackets that hold the hood tunion so that they will accommodate the extra space that the extensions take up. What I found to work the best was to jack up that side of the hood and remove the bracket and put new holes in it with the torch.As shown in picture 2.

Rkrug

Hopefully going to get the winch going to day (Actually wind out some cable) Filled the hydraulic tank yesterday and stated up the pump but some thing was not working right and the winch didn't move, my uncle whose a hydraulics expert is going to help me get it going today.
Also got some new drain plugs for the winch gear cases since the old ones were missing and filled them up with new gear lube. Once I get the winch going then all I have to do is put the bumper back on and paint it this summer.

Rkrug

Yes I think so, I don't think there was any fluid getting to the motor when I actuated the valve It didn't make any noise or do anything different.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks