• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My new M923 A1

Rkrug

Heres a picture of the assembled valve, got the valve off a Marine corps truck that had the hydraulic system for the winch but had no winch, so the valve just had two plugs screwed in where the outlet lines go, so all I had to do was take out the plugs and screw in the 90 fittings.
IMG_0963.jpg

Barron

Good work on the winch install, wish I had one. What lake did you pull the boat out of? I attended "Four Days State University" and lived there several years.

Rkrug

Wilson Lake is where we pulled it out of its drying up right now, don't know if well be able to put the boat in this year.

Rkrug

Just got the winch going guess it just takes a while for the oil to get flowing in the pipes, also got the control cable from the hydraulic valve to the lever in the cab connected, but when the valve is in neutral the lever is pushed all the way forward so the only thing I can do is make it wind in. If some one that has a 925 could take a photo of their lever and where the valve hooks up to the cable that would be grate, so I can see what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
RK

Rkrug

Picked up a level winder today, got it painted and ready to mount, just need to find a tensioner unit for it now.IMG_0978.jpg

kicker9898

Nice looking truck! I'd love to put a winch on mine, wanted a 925 but just didn't want to pay what they were going for. Nice to know it's not TOOOO hard to add later.

I like my A2 but I think the A1 is a better, cleaner looking truck. Congrats!

Rkrug

Think I found the problem with my power steering leak, I rebuilt it a couple months a go but it started leaking again, today I popped of the vent on the top and found that there was a filter inside that used to be an open cell foam filter but had melted and shrunk into a solid rock hard pice of plastic, which completely blocked the vent. I went a head and removed the element, see if this fixes the problem.

Rkrug

Just got done installing a military air ride seat I got from 91w350 (Glen)on Saturday, was easier to install than I thought it would be, had it on in a couple hours.
IMG_1047.jpgIMG_1046.jpgIMG_1045.jpgIMG_1044.jpg

FP1201

Not knowing your mechanical level or experience, let me caution you about the fuel filter: It's big, heavy, and when full of fuel awkward to install. There's a square cut o-ring that seal the canister to the base that will slip out of place and/or fall out. IT MUST HAVE A GOOD TIGHT SEAL else it'll suck air and you'll play **** trying to get it re-primed and the engine running. Last time I ended up removing the big fuel line coming into the bottom of the PT Pump and pouring fuel down it until everything was filled & burped. This may or may not be the "correct" or "TM" way to do it, but it worked when I recovered my M923. (BTW: I'd like to thank the individual that REMOVED the new filter & seal that was in the cab when I bid on it, it was what I needed to get the Truck up & running, but I digress.) IIRC later versions, at least those repowered with 8.3L engines had a small in-line filter that was highly problematic: we removed them all together when trucked equipped came in for repair or reset. At some point I will remove the canister filter from my truck and replace it with a high quality, spin-on fuel-water filter/separator. Like a Raycor unit. (it'll also have the built in primer bulb and heater too) makes life much easier especially in very cold, sub-zero temperatures like we have up here.

Rkrug

Not knowing your mechanical level or experience, let me caution you about the fuel filter: It's big, heavy, and when full of fuel awkward to install. There's a square cut o-ring that seal the canister to the base that will slip out of place and/or fall out. IT MUST HAVE A GOOD TIGHT SEAL else it'll suck air and you'll play **** trying to get it re-primed and the engine running. Last time I ended up removing the big fuel line coming into the bottom of the PT Pump and pouring fuel down it until everything was filled & burped. This may or may not be the "correct" or "TM" way to do it, but it worked when I recovered my M923. (BTW: I'd like to thank the individual that REMOVED the new filter & seal that was in the cab when I bid on it, it was what I needed to get the Truck up & running, but I digress.) IIRC later versions, at least those repowered with 8.3L engines had a small in-line filter that was highly problematic: we removed them all together when trucked equipped came in for repair or reset. At some point I will remove the canister filter from my truck and replace it with a high quality, spin-on fuel-water filter/separator. Like a Raycor unit. (it'll also have the built in primer bulb and heater too) makes life much easier especially in very cold, sub-zero temperatures like we have up here.
I was able to get it to work the first time. Probably going to change it again soon as well as the IP pump filter, just need to find the filter number for the IP pump filter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks