• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

My used to be M818 With Deuce C bed on it

bigelk50

bigelk50

I wonder if the flexible paint additives would be compatable for your brand of paint they sell it for adding to paint for painting bumpers and fairings on cars to make the paint flex with the plastic parts.
Well......you can paint it, but it would make the top brittle and the paint would crack as the top flexed. It wouldn't look good!

I figured it would just crack and flake off. The additives might work, but it would flap in the wind a bit and probably still crack. I dunno if they are cheap I might try it.

Thanks Guys!

bigelk50

The truck is completly finished. I also have everything needed to turn it into a winch truck (minus the pto shaft). Need to sell it, any takers?

LOBO

Ok here are the pics. I need to actually paint the inside of the bed, the hood and a little touch up on the passenger side. I also need to take all of the masking tape off and de fog the windows. I was cutting it very close on the rain so I just put a 1" strip around the frame of the glass and decided to take off the over spray paint off later.

Now I need to order a bunch of stickers and do some stenciling. Then I will get my winch rebuilt and installed. Then it is on to making a center console and jump seat like we did in the deuce.

One questions I have for anyone is...
Can I paint my soft top? I was thinking of making the truck all one color. Right now it is a 3 color camo soft top.
Found this on canvas tops:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks