• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need M-1082 trailer transported Ft Hood/Austin to Arizona

agazza2

Listed the trailer on U-ship for shipping. Might need to find a place in Round Rock or Austin that would have a loading dock. My friend at Delora Landscaping has a temporary dirt loading dock that he backs his trailers up to that may work. No hurry to move, but if the price is right it would be worth it. Otherwise might look at renting a U-haul and place it on a trailer :)

m715mike

Once the trailer is actually moved to its new home in Arizona, we need a Mod to rename this thread and move it to the FMTV forum. There is way too much good information here to let it slip away in the Transprotation Needs forum!

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Allen,

1951M1078 needs to get a M1078 from FL to Phoenix. Maybe you 2 could get together and have the trailer picked up on the way through TX.

agazza2

Trailer will be picked up tomorrow in Austin, and transported to Phoenix via Uship. Thrift Transport offered the best price and will put it on a lowboy gooseneck trailer. The cheapest was someone that wanted to pull it with their pick-up. I think without air brakes on a pickup, and the weight, height, and tracking of the wheels that would not have been wise selecting the $300 less bid.

The final price is less than what it would have took me to drive there to recover the trailer. Looking forward to seeing it soon behind the M-1078. I was thinking it would be months before I could get a good transportation price.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They leave so soon...... :sad:

The hauler showed up this morning, I met him in a big enough parking lot to do the shuffling.
Still too soggy at my place to do truck/trailer dancing, we'd be up to our elbows in mud in short order, and I'd spend all summer falling into rock hard ruts.

First order of business was to take the bows back off to lower the height. I had surgery on my shoulder last friday, so I wasn't going to try that by myself. Actually, if my doc saw me doing this stuff at all, he'd probably go into a tizzy. So shhhhh.... ;)

Once everything was down and stowed, I backed the 1082 onto the flatbed. Had to go part way up his ramp to get the M1082 level.
Got it chained down at four points, and that was that. It is, by now, somewhere westbound on I-10.

Agazza, you got a good one! May you enjoy it for many a year.
Now, I think I'll peruse the GP website and find one for me. Maybe a 1095....

Cheers

Pic 1: heading for the gate at the farm
Pics 2-6: prepping and loading
Pic 7: Goodbye! I may have cried just a little.
Pic 8-9: My truck has been hanging out in the flowers at the farm too long, it's developing hippie tendencies... Noticed that after we took the trailer off.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hauler has a way cool trailer there, what is that, a gooseneck low pro traileze landoll combo? Never seen one for a 1 ton truck.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I sure hope you are right! I just saw a similar rig carrying a M1082 east bound on Highway 105!
!!!

The trailer was a custom build, rated for 44K#, he said. Hydraulic ramp (pony motor underneath the bed), electric winch high on the gooseneck. Big tiedown points along each side, bigelectric brakes.

Cheers

agazza2

He probably has a small trailer to go pickup and put under this massive trailer. I am sure he has a few more loads to pickup prior to heading directly to Phoenix.

I sure hope you are right! I just saw a similar rig carrying a M1082 east bound on Highway 105!

agazza2

Thank you Rory for all your help in retrieving this trailer and giving it up so soon. I thought it would be months before I received a good price. It would hva e cost me the same or more to come to Texas to pick it up. I will keep an eye out for you on one that is comparable.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to be able to help, my friend! It's what buddies do.
And, I still remember who loaned me his M915 to pick up a trailer in AZ some years back. [thumbzup]

It would have been nice to drag it through the Independence Day parade, or some such, show it off to the others a bit, but hey, now you can! :)

And yes, now I have a hankerin' for an M1095.

Cheers

agazza2

Trailer arrived in Phoenix Today

Trailer arrived safely in Phoenix today. CastelBravo provided assistance in guiding me on the transporters trailer once we figured out how to get the bobcat to move (Seat safety feature was having issues). Here are a few photos of the unload, and connected to the trailer. I look forward to putting on the tarp this weekend, and doing more with it.

Attachments

agazza2

M-1082 trailer with Cargo Cover

Installed the tarp this morning to determine what else is needed. Need to buy new rubber stretch cords for the tarp to secure it properly. Took it over to the car was and spent 45 minutes pressure washing the trailer and cover. Looks good behind the M1078. Also pulled it a few miles to free up the brakes. When we pulled it off the trailer that brought it over here, the brakes wanted to lock. I think it was due to just being a little rusty in the drums. Works great now.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks