• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Guy from NH

whzsup

Thanks guys.A update from the new guy. I've had my bobbed deuce for about a month. I put a winter front on, winter shifter boots. I've been driving it four out of five days a week to work, I take the long way to get 12 miles each way. I pressure wash it on Sat. mornings to get most of the salt off. I've run down the highway, gps has a max speed of 67 mph that was at 2500 rpm. I cruise about 55. If you listen to the motor it gets a nice in tune hum to it. I started to get a little loose feeling in the frontend last weekend after a ride on some very frost heaved roads. during a post trip inspection I checked the front, jacked up bothsides and found the LF wheelbearing to be out of adjustment. I got the 3" 8 side socket and I got almost a full turn and a half out of the inner wheel nut. It looks like new grease and washer on that side. I checked the otherside and it is all tight. No other play in the steering besides alittle in and out at the steering box, seems normal to me, and it drives better now then it did before. Very happy so far. I'm planning for the fist oil change to swap to spin on filters. I'm in the prossess of getting more stuff, 3/4 gun, bottle jack, and other assorted tools.

Attachments

beaubeau

Hey whzsup, Welcome oboard! I am looking forward to seeing ur Bobbed deuce. I am in the process of building my 4th Bob and it will soon be up for Sale. This one has 11;00;20, twin spring seats and other goodies before I,m done. Will be selling for about $5000.00 next month to first person who comes up with CASH!!! Good luck with yours and look forward to seeing you around N.H. I.m in Salisbury, N.H.

whzsup

I haven't seen the one at Hillsboro Ford but I did hear about it. I think it has a z lift dump under the bed. I thought the price on it was something like $15,000. A little to much for my blood. beaubeau you wouldn't happen to have a m101 or m105 trailer you'd like to sell would ya?

beaubeau

I have several trls M105 around here. I use them for Storeing Firewood. Nice with Covers, keeps the weather out. I do have a 101 trl that I may sell. Get in touch and we can talk. I can Custom Build something for you. I also have a couple Bolster trls here. I am now Dismantling a Deuce for PARTS. Got a Nice Dropside that I could build a Nice trl. with. phone 603-344-2649. :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks