• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Jersey April 26 and 27th, 2014 Military Vehicle Show and Swap Meet.

M114

SHOW CAMPING FEES -
The MTA (Host Organization) only charges what the fair grounds charge us for camping and nothing more.
If someone skips paying, then the MTA has to pay for them.
That makes us Sad.
We will appreciate it if all who camp anywhere on the grounds,
go to the Big Blue building,
"The Richards Building"
and check with the MTA Head table and pay your fee upon your arrival.
The head fair grounds guy goes around and counts who's camping and bills us.

Campsite fees are according to amps used (or not). Dry - $10 per day, 20 amp- $25 per day, 30 amp - $30 per day, 50 amp - $35 per day.
There is a dumping station usage fee of $35.00.
The upper bathrooms are open with Free showers and are nice and well cared for. .

Regards,
Bill Murphy
bmurph411@gmail.c

Last edited:

LiqTenEXp

Does anyone wind up camping out of their M series trucks? I was considering it and haven't been there overnight before at the show. Anyone who has camped out before at the MTA show who could share the details of what goes on would be appreciated.

Where is the camping area relative to the display area?
Do you guys have fire rings?
What is the food situation? I saw breakfast was available as part of the show but do you guys wind up cooking dinner/breakfast at the campsite area?
etc etc

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

The M35s are usually lined up along the [roughly] north end of the field. Several people stay in theirs. I've seen BBQ grills, MKT and the like but don't recall seeing a wood fire. Mighta missed it. There's also a concession stand that serves meals, as well as other camping areas on the fair grounds.

Steve

Vintage iron

I camped out of my M923 last year. It gets cold at night so pack extra cloths and blankets. You will need to brake down and clean up camp during show hours .

LiqTenEXp

Did you guys drive the trucks over to the camping area at night and back to the display area in the morning? I plan on showing up friday to help setup the vendors and stay most of sat. Not sure yet about sunday.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys that are camping in there trucks usually stay out there at night. I've only seen traditional style campers in the RV camping area.

art

For Sale

For Sale
Selling my very rare Jeep rotisserie, or called a engine stand. Works unbelievable nice, great shape.
Great for restoring Jeeps, Mules or rebuilding engines.
Comes with a Crank handle, 2 End frames on castors and 2 Mounting plates with threaded holes to adjust for each project. Jeep and cross pipes members not included.
Hate to see it go but the first person with the right cash gets it.
I will deliver it to the MTA Sussex or Aberdeen Shows.
PM me for details.
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

SteveKuhn

Show Signs are Poppin' Up

Here are 2 of about 5 that are out now and another 2 are due to be put out by this time next week in NNJ. M816's 5 Ton at the Chatterbox near the fairgrounds and coming up on my M105 going north on the other side on Route 23.

Hope the other guys post theirs, too.

Steve

MVShowSigns2014 013.jpgMVShowSigns2014 015.jpgMVShowSigns2014 001.jpgMVShowSigns2014 005.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks