• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LMTV owner

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And now the fun part starts...

Pro tip:

Convert it to EV now and save the planet !

*or Google "how to get a 3116 to roll coal like some kinda apocalyptic-bitch-Chernobyl-blot-out-the-sun-suck-on-my-freedom-soot-epicness"
and waste the 3/4 of a tank of Diesel that it came with. not a chance

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So made a lot of progress today. Diesel was the only fluid in the truck so far. so i put fluids in finally got the cab lifted, oil, coolant, batteries primed pump and it fired right now. cab is stuck 2/3rds of the way up fought for 2 1/2 hours just to get to that point, front rubber isolators driver side missing, other side probably not long for this world. tired and had to walk away, but at least i know it runs

Third From Texas

Cab bushings are a bit of a chore. Especially the driver side. Removing the grill helps. When I do mine, I'll likely drop the bumper, too (it's easy if you have a buddy to help once it's unbolted). Lots of "how too" threads on cab bushings. Lot's of tricks to get it done.

I'm not sure if anyone is making the actual cab bushings currently (I know Awesomeness makes the swingarm bushings and has talked about it). Some folks use hokey pucks but the actual bushings are two sizes (upper/lower). Be careful with NOS rubber bits from the surplus scalpers (20 y/o rubber is crap whether it is on a truck or on a shelf) and they want insane amounts of money for the complete sets to do both sides.

As far as the cab lift, you should fill from the upper reservoir and bleed from the hand pump reservoir. I'd be certain that there is no air in the system as a place to begin.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So I got a few hours to work on the truck tonight, I followed Helicools youtube video and took the valve manifold apart and cleaned everything. cab goes up and down great now. got the transmission and power steering filled up, rear brakes uncaged and drove it about 4 truck links up the drive way. lots more to go but things are going well

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So looking at the air over hydraulic pump 3 out of 4 mounting bolts are missing. I assume that was to drain the fluids. The protective cover is missing as well so will have to source one of those, but my question to the group is on the left side by the hose inputs is an allen screw the TM says its a 1/8 nptf plug but it has a hole in it. Is that suppose to be there since the end has a thimble looking breather already?

Third From Texas

So looking at the air over hydraulic pump 3 out of 4 mounting bolts are missing. I assume that was to drain the fluids. The protective cover is missing as well so will have to source one of those, but my question to the group is on the left side by the hose inputs is an allen screw the TM says its a 1/8 nptf plug but it has a hole in it. Is that suppose to be there since the end has a thimble looking breather already?
Pic?

Third From Texas

78 PAFZZ 0PFG7 11048 .PLUG,PIPE.......................... 1 figure 251 item 78 in the TM I will figure out later how to upload a picture
Which TM?

Heh

I suck at finding shit in the TM(s).. Searching for "figure 251" or "item 78" = 0/0 results

As far as posting pics, in the "compose message" window, just above the window for text are some icons. About mid way is the "Insert Image" button. Then just drop your image into the box or click and point it to where the image is stored. I usually email the images from phone to PC, but I know that fewer and fewer folks have PCs these days.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pretty sure I have a cover

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which TM?

Heh

I suck at finding shit in the TM(s).. Searching for "figure 251" or "item 78" = 0/0 results

As far as posting pics, in the "compose message" window, just above the window for text are some icons. About mid way is the "Insert Image" button. Then just drop your image into the box or click and point it to where the image is stored. I usually email the images from phone to PC, but I know that fewer and fewer folks have PCs these days.

View attachment 863951
I will get a pic tommorrow as its dark and raining. I am getting better at the TM manuals 2 generators and now a truck its starting to make sense

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not much has been done the last few days. changed power steering filter, filled the front diff with oil, tightened all the drain plugs under the truck since they were all loose after the army drained the fluids out. The wife is not please with all the Fedex, UPS, USPS deliveries to the porch in the last week especially when 12 gallons of antifreeze showed up. Hopefully the snow, rain, and sleet go away so i can get back to it.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More progress today rear end is full of oil, changed out coolant sight glasses and radiator cap, turned the truck around in the drive in a snow storm. Wipers work, but that face full of dust was fun when i turned on the heater blower. Purchased a refurbished laptop on Walmart.com to dedicate to the shop for TM's should make things a lot more convenient lots more to go just waiting on parts.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The rain sure knows how to ruin progress, but yesterday i got the coolant system drained back down and all new coolant, knobs are now on the vent system so i can pull them out, hydraulic manifold is back apart due to a leaking o ring. more parts ordered for other projects. I am sure many have been where i am, but seems like a long ways away from making this truck safe to drive on the other hand I am so glad i listened to myself and did not try to drive this thing from texas as i would still be stuck somewhere between. also still waiting on the Gov to send my paperwork.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks