• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New LMTV owner

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well i have had the pump on and it will not pump just hisses, hand pump works. i have rechecked tm manuals taken the pump partially apart to check 1 thing and i am stumped where to go next. any help would be appreciated
You may want to consider a cab jack kit. Part #300140

Might get no help at all, but the MANUFACTURER is SPX Fluid Power
815-873-3715
800-477-8326 Technical Support

Cab & Tire Jack Hydraulic Rebuild Kit #300140.jpg

Cab & Tire Jack Manifold Diagram TM9-2320-365-24P (2).jpg

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats the kit i used, but after looking at others videos and thinking about things i believe i have something assembled incorrectly. So tomorrow pump comes back off again and will be disassembled. The only thing that bothers me is that on the tm parts manual SECTION II TM 9-2320-365-24P Figure 251 part 36 is shown as a spring my pump did not have this spring when i disassembled it and worked ok. but on the technical tm service manual it does not show that spring in the assembly instructions

INFChief

Thats the kit i used, but after looking at others videos and thinking about things i believe i have something assembled incorrectly. So tomorrow pump comes back off again and will be disassembled. The only thing that bothers me is that on the tm parts manual SECTION II TM 9-2320-365-24P Figure 251 part 36 is shown as a spring my pump did not have this spring when i disassembled it and worked ok. but on the technical tm service manual it does not show that spring in the assembly instructions
I bought that kit. I think one of the large O-rings for the piston pump housing was missing. If you look at the itemized list it might show “1 required” and that might be all that was in your kit.

INFChief

1652260664057.png

INFChief

1652260757649.png

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I took last night off, and went back at it tonight. I really messed up how i put the pump together but even though it is 100 percent together correctly now still same hissing noise and no pumping action at all. i am not able to tell where the air noise is coming from but this thing has gotten the better of me at this point. i guess tomorrow i will have to get the wife out to push buttons while i am on top of the truck, but not sure that will do any good.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I took last night off, and went back at it tonight. I really messed up how i put the pump together but even though it is 100 percent together correctly now still same hissing noise and no pumping action at all. i am not able to tell where the air noise is coming from but this thing has gotten the better of me at this point. i guess tomorrow i will have to get the wife out to push buttons while i am on top of the truck, but not sure that will do any good.
Silly question... Have you tried just using the hand jack?
To see what happens and what you can hear?
Much quieter that way than with the air powered jack...
That also eliminates a possible air related problem.

Third From Texas

Well I've not rebuilt one before, but the "hissing" is almost certainly air. It could be a hole in the hose, a crack in a fitting, etc.

Yeah, you need somoni to activate the pump while you get in there with a spray bottle of soapy water I'd think.

On the bright side, it's not a M1079 with a box stuffed up against where you need to be. You can at least look down from the bed to check things.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On the bright side, it's not a M1079 with a box stuffed up against where you need to be. You can at least look down from the bed to check things.
Can confirm. The box makes seemingly simple tasks take on herculean proportions. Basically anything like the hydraulic pump or the LBCD, etc require that you lift the cab, and drop the spare and then pretzel yourself into the spare tire bracket or squat on the rocker cover. It's like owning a really expensive adult jungle gym.

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yesterday I got my temp tag from the BMV. still have not fixed the hydraulic pump but was determined to drive to the BMV this morning for out of State inspection. filled hubs with oil, checked fluids, bungee cords for the batteries, rolled the windows down and had my wife drive behind me on the way into town. 2nd to 3rd is really slow after that truck flies through the gears, and does really well. Temps stayed perfect when the fan kicked on scared me since i had never heard it before. CTIS is inoperative, but into town 10 miles to the BMV, stopped and filled up the Fuel tank on my way back home. safely in the drive way. Not a bad morning. Monday will finally be able to get the truck titled

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More questions for the group. can not get my dash panel lights or my low beam headlights to come on. High beams work fine and are a newer bright white light. I have been in the breaker panel and tried swapping same size breakers, but have not come up with an answer. can someone lead me into the right direction on what to test or look for. I also would like to buy spare breakers. The only ones i am finding are direct from china on the auction site. any help is appreciated.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
More questions for the group. can not get my dash panel lights or my low beam headlights to come on. High beams work fine and are a newer bright white light. I have been in the breaker panel and tried swapping same size breakers, but have not come up with an answer. can someone lead me into the right direction on what to test or look for. I also would like to buy spare breakers. The only ones i am finding are direct from china on the auction site. any help is appreciated.
The headlights plug into a pass through connector (it’s a female with a male outside and inside the bucket). Make sure those are tight and correctly connected.
Is the dimmer turned up? Is your light control lower left switch fully up? That also controls dash lights.
Breakers you can replace with standard blade fuses

FarmingSmallKubota

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The headlights plug into a pass through connector (it’s a female with a male outside and inside the bucket). Make sure those are tight and correctly connected.
Is the dimmer turned up? Is your light control lower left switch fully up? That also controls dash lights.
Breakers you can replace with standard blade fuses
I was on another forum and they suggested checking if i had a 4 prong relay instead of a 5 in K8 in fact i did. so i changed that out and now i have head lights but cant change to brights and still no dash lights. Also interesting is that k78 says its for lights. if i pull the fuse the whole truck shuts off. light control lower left is fully up and i have tried the dimmer all the way at each direction for the dash lights

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks