• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Just Happened to Buy a M998 today

rats

Hi All

New member here. I just "won" an auction on GP today for a 1986 M998 2 door soft top with 28k on the odometer today.
It really takes 8-12 weeks to receive the EUC? Kind of disappointing. But at least it should be in my possession before the end of summer, so that's a plus.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmetalmiki

Welcome to the site and the hobby. Well done on your win, I hope it is all "tickety boo" (Vehicle and use wise). when you do finally have it in your possession. Then post up pictures..

rats

I'm already a Jeep addict, so "upgrade and modifications" are my middle name. My wonderful wife says "whatever, it keeps you outa my hair".

gtodan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
rats, what site is your new toy currently "stationed"?

Hi All

New member here. I just "won" an auction on GP today for a 1986 M998 2 door soft top with 28k on the odometer today. I didn't think $6k + $1100 fees was a bad price, time will tell I guess.
It really takes 8-12 weeks to receive the EUC? Kind of disappointing. But at least it should be in my possession before the end of summer, so that's a plus.

3jacks

Congrats! EUC for me (first time) took 4 weeks to the day. My buddy bought one a few auctions back and got his in a few days over a week...also first time EUC submittal. Could be a week....could be 12, ya just don't know! Good luck and have fun.

rats

Congrats! EUC for me (first time) took 4 weeks to the day. My buddy bought one a few auctions back and got his in a few days over a week...also first time EUC submittal. Could be a week....could be 12, ya just don't know! Good luck and have fun.
That's why I have a "go bag" ready for a surprise pickup. I've always got an extra toolbox ready to go for my rock crawling adventures. Extreme mechanics on the trail makes the day a memorable one. Of course the curse is whatever you don't bring as a spare is probably what's going to break....Bring it all, always.

Brian Zook

Hey,

I am a new member as of this morning. I won at auction from GovPlanet an M998 last Nov. 15, with this I purchased a title document same day, this I received a tracking number for yesterday to be delivered next week. I can now finally get plates and insure as now I have a VIN number. Now I can finally go to Alabama to pick it up. I am very much looking forward to this event. (1989) 2 door soft top - looks just like yours. I am now trying to find part numbers and who I can get new belts and hoses from.

good luck!

Wire Fox

Hey,

I am a new member as of this morning. I won at auction from GovPlanet an M998 last Nov. 15, with this I purchased a title document same day, this I received a tracking number for yesterday to be delivered next week. I can now finally get plates and insure as now I have a VIN number. Now I can finally go to Alabama to pick it up. I am very much looking forward to this event. (1989) 2 door soft top - looks just like yours. I am now trying to find part numbers and who I can get new belts and hoses from.

good luck!
At the top of the page on this website, you'll see the "Technical Manuals" section, go there, go down to modern vehicles, and find the various topics in there that relate to the HMMWV. You can get the operator's manual (important use and preventative maintenance instructions that might not be so obvious), direct unit maintenance manuals, and higher maintenance manuals. You'll also find the parts manuals in there that will show you exploded diagrams and allow you to identify part numbers for everything so you can search and find everything you need.

orgnal

Hi All

New member here. I just "won" an auction on GP today for a 1986 M998 2 door soft top with 28k on the odometer today.
Congratulations !

McReddy

rats

Well I finally got the EUC today. Heading to Minnesota to transport home tomorrow. Wish me luck!
I bought 2 new batteries this morning. I'm bringing a ton of tools and an air tank. What else is a good idea when loading one up?

orgnal

Well I finally got the EUC today. Heading to Minnesota to transport home tomorrow. Wish me luck!
I bought 2 new batteries this morning. I'm bringing a ton of tools and an air tank. What else is a good idea when loading one up?
Congratulations ! Post some pictures. Curious to see what it looks like when you pick it up.

McReddy

Action

What do you need all the tools for? Is your trailer or tow rig not in good shape?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks