• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Just Happened to Buy a M998 today

Ice Cold

Nice win man. I was watching the auctions today to get a feel for it. I just got bit buy the M998 bug too. I'm hoping to bid on one myself in the next few weeks. Keep us updated on the process.

I bet Steve will have it aired up and running as you arrive. Walk around a bit to check out the toys on the lot and shoot the sh!t a bit while you listen to the wonderful idle of your truck in the background. Then drive it up the ramps, chain it down and bring your newly adopted baby home.

Give her a bath, inside and out. Get it on a lift to pull the tires so you can change diff fluids and hub fluids. Do the PMCS checks on the drivetrain, brakes, and starter bolts. And you might as well change the belts which can suck if there isn't a quick disconnect. When you have her running, do a quick test of cranking the wheel all the way to the left to test the fan engages. You can also unplug the TDM to force it to kick in.

I hope you have Friday off to spend time acclimating your baby to it's new home!

rats

Picked it up today. No problems, started right up and crawled onto the trailer, I forgot just how gutless these trucks were. Whew! I was prepared for the worst but all went off without a hitch. Steve isn't there any longer, sounds like some drama transpired. Dan is the new guy, he was GREAT. It was a 5 minute transaction and an hour BS session.
Gotta make some room in the shop and get started, but not until after the 4th. We have a funeral and a rock crawling trip planned. But then we will totally go through her and get it tip top. M-16 holders still there, so that's one less thing to buy. I'm missing a couple of small items like one of the 1/4 turn fasteners for the engine cover. I also have a crease in the rear door filler panel on the passenger side that will need to be sourced and replaced. Other than that it starts and runs like a champ. I guess I'll return those new batteries since there isn't even dust on the (what look like new) the mil batteries.

IMG_7507.jpgIMG_7508.jpg

rats

Just realized that the bulkhead divider for the 2 man set up is missing. Just purchased one on eBay tonight. Are there brackets that are needed to install this panel?

orgnal

Just realized that the bulkhead divider for the 2 man set up is missing. Just purchased one on eBay tonight. Are there brackets that are needed to install this panel?
Yes, there are. I took the divider off of mine. I will see if I can some pictures for you.

McReddy

I just looked at the 9-2320-280-24p-(1-2) manuals and only had a couple of hits for bulkhead and it was for the 4 man.

My 2 man has two L brackets to the bottom and that's it. And they are heavy duty and are have a D-ring on each on the bed side. It would take some serious effort to move that divider...

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that is the wrong one.

As stated, you need 2 L brackets in the middle that bolt to a d ring hole by the seats. The b pillar has a bracket with a plate using 2 bolts to sandwich to the channel of the b pillar. These are right and left different.

Action

There are 2 at EACH top corner. One inside the b-pillar and the "L" bracket. The 2 pull together to hold in place on the edge of the b-pillar.

rats

So I picked up one of these airlift bumpers today. Couple guys I found are building them locally. Very nice work, laser cut bumper and brackets.
IMG_7572 2.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks