• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New member Just Happened to Buy a M998 today

rats

rats do you need a set of bed rails if you are keeping it a 2 man? I have a set that I dont need.
I really like the idea of having the bed rails or troop carrier in back. Someone in Florida is selling brand new ones in the wood crate on eBay for $200. But they haven't responded as to how much freight would be on something that big. That's probably the price killer.

Wire Fox

I really like the idea of having the bed rails or troop carrier in back. Someone in Florida is selling brand new ones in the wood crate on eBay for $200. But they haven't responded as to how much freight would be on something that big. That's probably the price killer.
Just another stop on the pilgrimage trail. Start in Florida and drive up the coast with a large trailer to buy every part you could ever want for a HMMWV for not a lot of cash...

Another Ahab

Just another stop on the pilgrimage trail. Start in Florida and drive up the coast with a large trailer to buy every part you could ever want for a HMMWV for not a lot of cash...
You might be onto something there, Wire Fox. [thumbzup]

Maybe it could become a "thing", an annual HMMWV road-trip for MV owners.

191661650972-0.jpg

rats

Yea that would be fun. But I'd need a very large fleet of trucks for all the parts I want. But an annual road trip would be sublime.

rats

Dan's a great guy there in Riley. Give him a call on upcoming auction items and he'll let you know the real deal on the vehicles.

Icecold1

I am about a hundred miles north of Ripley and my M998 came from Maine. Nice to see another regional guy here. Welcome and congrats.
I'm about 60 miles south of ripely and am waiting on my euc to pick up my new ride,guessing 4 more weeks till my trip up to Randell.
nice to see some other Minnesota guys
pete

rats

Well, I finally got my title today. I went right down to the courthouse and got my plates. My insurance man is having a little trouble with his company getting it insured. We'll see. IMG_7651.jpg

rats

Well, my current insurance company has all my vehicles (x9), both businesses and my home insurance. I imagine they don't want to see me leave. If so, I'm glad to walk away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks