• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Member with M211

hambone

Thanks, I will post anything I find, has anyone ever ordered any window felt for the window channel, mine are worn out and floppy windows suck. Hambone

USMC 00-08

About to order wheel cylinder boots, NAPA 14509 if they are available, NAPA's website shows 11/2" diameter?????
If you have the 1-3/8 bore cylinders, those will work great. They will be loose on the 1-1/4 bore. You can put a zip tie around the boot to tighten it up, but I am not sure how that would hold up or for how long.

hambone

Where can I find some of these brake adjusters? Some of the internal adjusters are frozen so I'm sure I will round some of these off, part#7412104.
IMG_0261.jpg

Last edited:

hambone

NAPA called back and now saying the boots are unavailable, haven't found part # on the brake adjuster, will call Memphis Equip. and see what they have. Thanks

USMC 00-08

I have some of the boots at home. I'll look and see if I have enough for 12 wheel cylinders.

I just called the local Napa and they have some of the boots in stock. PM sent to you.

Last edited:

hambone

ordered 4 of the wheel cyls. from Midwestjeepwillys, they said they were shipping out of Alaska, will let you know how it turns out. Hambone

hambone

Before you assembly your truck, check this thread.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?143929-New-Wheel-Cylinder-Issues

I am having problems with my new wheel cylinders that look just like yours. I did not get them from the same place as you so the internals may be different.
WOW! I haven't even pulled mine apart to look at them, glad I only bought 4, was hoping I wouldn't have to spend $800 on wheel cyls.:cry:, I have talked to Blake @ Red River, he said he had some NOS ones but will have to find them, I'm going to see if I can help him find them next Friday.

USMC 00-08

I would be curious to see what the internals on your new wheel cylinders look like. I am trying to find a solution to my leaks over in the thread I started. Hopefully this can save you the problems I am dealing with. It is a lot of work to change all this out and to be honest, I did not want to do it a second time on the same truck.

hambone

I got my master cylinder out in hopes of salvaging it, fluid was good and no rust inside, once I got it apart I noticed a little pitting, thought I could hone it out, felt smooth to the touch but could still see the slight pits, put it back together and it would build pressure but it was still bypassing a little on the front side, time for new master cylinder.
IMG_0286.jpg
IMG_0287.jpg
IMG_0288.jpg