• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New, new M923A1 Pics

Barron

I posted them this morning under New, New M923A1. it's 3 or 4 posts down from this one on the 5 ton page.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice truck, got mine last week with 3500 miles. Mine is an 84 model. Your looks newer. Was surprised how easy eng oil filter and fuel filter were to change. Good luck on ins. It is priced by vehicle weight. Also check out DOT requirement for rear bumper. Has anyone ever sanded and repainted? The tan paint on mine is gritty and brushed on in places. I would sleep in mine but my wife would think I`m weird, or more weird.

Buttweet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know type fluid the allison 5 speed automatic requires? Will use regular 80W90 gear oil GL5 in 3 differentials and transfer case. Any advice? Thanks

SPCWarning

Nice truck, got mine last week with 3500 miles. Mine is an 84 model. Your looks newer. Was surprised how easy eng oil filter and fuel filter were to change. Good luck on ins. It is priced by vehicle weight. Also check out DOT requirement for rear bumper. Has anyone ever sanded and repainted? The tan paint on mine is gritty and brushed on in places. I would sleep in mine but my wife would think I`m weird, or more weird.
Buttweet,
If you do decide to sand on your truck, be sure to use a good respirator for the sanding dust. The paint is very harmful even in dry/dust form! I've been sanding some spots on my 1009 and I always wear one. Just fyi. Congrats on your new truck also! ( maybe one day my CUCV will grow up and be a 5 ton....waiting paitiently)

Barron

The Allison Website allows you to select your transmission and see what the servicing requirements are. They call out Allison Approved TES-295 oils for the MT600 series, and provide a list of "Approved" Allison oil manufacturers. I've seen some of the threads here refer to Dextron III, but I couldn't find that oil Approved by Allison. John Deere SynTran oil is TES-295 approved and is carried by every JD dealer around.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks