• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New-to-me XM474E2

axlr8

Wehring...c'mon, your picking up on all of our toys! Leave some around for others :razz:, hope the project, and mud runs, go good for you!

wehring

toys

I have red azz sales about once per year when things get too cluttered around here... you never know. :beer:

I am currently drawing down to just a few toys:

1. The bobbed M925 with the holden EET trailer for this machine
2. This machine with 2 modular inserts (20mm cannon/turret & brush fire)
3. The pushbutton trans M916 and stepdeck trailer for moving around future goodies

This track is definitely a highlight to the trickle of toys I have been blessed to play with. The big bed in the rear makes it a swiss army knife vehicle that can fill many roles.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

tree damage

Well it happened sooner than I thought. I guess a tree on one of the driving trails peeled the light skin back on the right rear quarter panel. I noticed it tonight when it was being loaded for a parade this weekend. It is not a big area (maybe 3"x10") but it is bad enough.

Pics (and armor plating) to follow.

Darn...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

well...

well... it was not a tree. My cousin hit the corner of the EET trailer when he was rounding the shop in the 474 to load it for the parade. A little forensic investigation turned up some tan paint and fresh scrapes on the rear corner of the trailer and suspicious track marks in the dirt next to it. Its a CLUE dear Watson.

Time to uparmor.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Nothing

Nothing.... it hit the EET. It has 1/2" corners! What a beast. It is an 11,000# trailer rated to haul 20,000#!!! But that is 20,000# off road rating and anywhere the MTVR will go!

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

modify the EET

OK folks what do you think. I have the only (that I know of) Holden EET in private hands. It was designed to haul a case backhoe and the rear tires fit in between the wheel wells. The 474 is tracked and the wheels wells kill the usable space of the deck. I am thinking about cutting off the wheel wells and making it a flat deck and adding side extensions that will make a channel for the track to have a guide as it loads. The channels will also keep it from sliding off when it is muddy for safety.

My dilemma... should I change the EET or keep it original and get a commercial trailer. I use it often and each time I load a tractor on it I catch myself thinking about how much nicer it would be w/o the wells.

What say ye?

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

Danger Ranger

I say keep the wheel wells, but put on a track guide with bolts or something removable. You want the trailer to be able to go back to original.2centsfat lady sings

Plus, it is a cool trailer overall.

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with DR, don't modify the original EET trailer. I personally would get a commercial trailer and drag stuff on it.

Now since the EET isn't doing what you want it to, you should really just give it to me to haul my V100 around on, for which job it would be perfect! :p

Cheers

B3.3T

RE: engine, someone has already installed a civilian ignition system. That's a good thing. Is the carb stock?

wehring

Soni

Soni went through it and installed a 24v/12v block with the civ dist and coil. He also installed an Edelbrock 1406 but I am having some trouble with it. The electric choke is not hooked up so the machine is really cold natured.

After it warms up it runs very well. The vac advance bulb touches the manifold. It would be nice to have a taller distributor to give it better clearance but it is functional.

I need to adjust the steering system and rebuild the disc brake calipers.

Other than these items it is a solid machine. I ran it up to 30mph in the pasture when I got caught in a hard rain. Mostly I drive it at 15mph and below running the trails in the back pasture.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

video

Here is my first youtube video. The XM474 on a mud run during Thanksgiving.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN7sZZuixNM&feature=feedu[/media]

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

wehring

Portable Shooting Table

I have been on hiatus from green things but I am getting back in the groove.

We installed an MSD ingnition, Holley Truck Avenger 670 carb and 3/4" steel side rails with gun mounts at the top of each verticle.

Here are some pics of the post work fun...

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Attachments

wehring

track conversion

I am moving my xm474 updates back to this thread for continuity.

rubber tracks
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/tanks-apcs-etc/89568-rubber-track-install.html

Mud Run
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/88410-wehring-muddy-track-ride.html

Drive in town
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/conversations/88218-tank-driving-down-road.html

All future info will be posted here if you care to follow the build. Next milestones

1. Build tracked cargo trailer
2. Install 18K rear facing winch and ground spades
3. Convert lights to LED
4. Install 12v aux power
5. Convert to 5.9 Cummins power and X200-4 crossdrive

Stay tuned.

Justin Wehring
979 997 3112

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks