• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New Wisconsin show/rally Aug 12th, Central Wisconsin Military Show

Sorry I missed the show. I had reservations made at a Wausau Best Western fpr the purpose, but I ended up canceling them as I had been on the road for three weeks prior following up car shows in the Mid West and by Friday the 11th of August, I just wanted to go home. I'll be there next year though, you can bet.

Aniwa is a really small town, but I have been there before. Tom Zat sold me the 1977 Dodge W-200 Power Wagon I wanted in September of 2011 and I drove it to Ohio all the way from his shop (Alfa Heaven) It took me a few days too at 55 mph, but in the end I got there. Who needs sat navs?

Another Ahab

Hey! I wonder what they have over there? I NEED some of those brass 105 mm artillery shell cases. Really, only $5 each???!!! I will take 15 of them - and I had better have one of those "Impact Area" signs, while I am at it. Is it OK to just leave them here until I get ready to leave? Thanks.
Brass? THAT'S a deal!

Those can make great umbrella holders. My grandfather had an umbrella holder at his farm house that was similar, something like a 5" or 6" casing. That was very cool.

Brass? THAT'S a deal!

Those can make great umbrella holders. My grandfather had an umbrella holder at his farm house that was similar, something like a 5" or 6" casing. That was very cool.
I will use them and some rope to make a "fence" for my gun collection (44 guns plus 137 "High Explosive" items, as of now) display at next year's BA-DA BA-DA BING BANG Rally. The gun collection will take eight tables, but of course I will be busy most of the day doing other things besides babysitting the collection. The police chief has agreed to provide security, but I thought a suitable barrier would be a good idea.

Anyone know where I can get some cheap Claymores? :)

kennys@wi.rr.com

For all who made it, you already know it was a good time, for those who didn't; you missed an amazing show. I have never ran such a busy booth at any show I have ever done. People from outside the hobby were there buying. At one time I had seven people working my booth. No I didn't travel with seven people, it was just friends who saw I was swamped stepped in and helped out. The people who helped to make this show possible did such an amazing job. I will be at this show every year come **** or high water. My wife even got so involved she now is insisting I buy her a HEMTT.

Gunner USN

My wife even got so involved she now is insisting I buy her a HEMTT.

I have met your wife, not sure if I am going to believe this one! :recovry4x4: :beer: :naner:

Last edited:
Here are a few shots I took of the GEN Junk/MAJ Rust truck at the 2015 Iola Military Vehicle Show & Gun Swap meet. The driver must find it pretty hot in the cab when the engine is running. Cool B/O lamps though.

Attachments